Online Vinyl Deals

I must be the only person on here who doesn’t care that much about the look of outers

My only strong feelings against outer sleeves is that after 15 years of collecting, I cannot figure out how to put back an album in those adhesive fold back sleeves (like VMP) without ripping at least one side.
I am much more concerned about the quality of the inner.

I must be the only person on here who doesn’t care that much about the look of outers

My only strong feelings against outer sleeves is that after 15 years of collecting, I cannot figure out how to put back an album in those adhesive fold back sleeves (like VMP) without ripping at least one side.
Ya, I usually just grab whatever a store has in bulk. I even sometimes don't put an outer on if I have a low value record that's shelved in between two that have them. Yes, ring wear, yes. Shh.

Was actually about to make a post about what folks are digging for inners with some recent pickups having some real nasty printed sleeves. Glad to hear about these Hudsons! I've always thought they've made pretty quality products at super reasonable prices. Missed the crazy deal, but probably don't need 250 either.

Same here - after this I think I’ve got 600 extra inners 🤣
same situation here but literally have 600 extra inners lol.jumped on this deal for the outer sleeves i have some of the clear looking sleeves like the 2.5 mil Ultimate Outer from SC.i don't usually display/show records to other people so i don't really care if they're clear sleeves as long as they do the job of protecting the record jacket and aren't of janky quality and fall apart when you put the jacket in.i wonder how these compare to the old vinyl styl brand outer sleeves that are a little cloudy those have been my go to for a long time since the price on those use to be super cheap.

Ya, I usually just grab whatever a store has in bulk. I even sometimes don't put an outer on if I have a low value record that's shelved in between two that have them. Yes, ring wear, yes. Shh.

Was actually about to make a post about what folks are digging for inners with some recent pickups having some real nasty printed sleeves. Glad to hear about these Hudsons! I've always thought they've made pretty quality products at super reasonable prices. Missed the crazy deal, but probably don't need 250 either.
I “trickle down” sleeves for my cheapo records. So if I put on a brand spanking new crystal clear outer on something that was previously in a hazy old beaten up outer I’ll just put that on some dollar bin record.

I don’t think vss outers are quite as nice as sleeve city outers. These are like the big fudge outers but 2 mil instead of 3.

The SC ultra ones are too thicc for me.
Meh. The sc sleeves are the only super clear ones, vss are slightly cloudy in my opinion.

I haven’t ordered from sc since they started having issues in the early days of the pandemic. I’m fine with Hudson for regular outers and inners. I get big fudge or some other brand for normal gates and order all my speciality from vss.

Meh. The sc sleeves are the only super clear ones, vss are slightly cloudy in my opinion.

I haven’t ordered from sc since they started having issues in the early days of the pandemic. I’m fine with Hudson for regular outers and inners. I get big fudge or some other brand for normal gates and order all my speciality from vss.
Do you have a moment to hear the word of our Lord and Savior, Mobile Fidelity Ultraclear Archival Outers?

These are the best "clear as hell" outers for single LPs, IMO. I see them occasionally in shops too, but generally just pick up a pack online periodically. Wish they were cheaper but oh well.

Do you have a moment to hear the word of our Lord and Savior, Mobile Fidelity Ultraclear Archival Outers?

These are the best "clear as hell" outers for single LPs, IMO. I see them occasionally in shops too, but generally just pick up a pack online periodically. Wish they were cheaper but oh well.
Meh, I don’t need outers to be super clear. I just want them to do their job - protect the record jacket, not leech ink, and preferably not turn yellow or brittle requiring replacement.

I’m with you on outters. When They are on my shelf I can’t see the art and when I pull a record off the shelf the first thing I do is pull off the outter. As long as they can easily fit a big gatefold and I can ID the album while in the sleeves I am a happy camper.

I was the same, didn't really give a shit about what outers looked like, but once I started using ultraclear I can't go back. There's something about the art being perfectly clear and on display that I really dig. I also grew up in the hay day of card games and I think there's something that takes me back to those days when I have these super thick, super clear sleeves protecting my car--I mean records.

Back