October 2022 Vinyl Challenge: Chart Watcher's Edition

chart history has just been made (again), so I’ve decided to throw in a little something extra…

Bonus: Midnights

8BE97A86-FA2C-4660-8E96-2EEB352B36B6.jpeg

Thanks to the huge streams & sales this album got, not only has she scored her best first-week numbers yet, but as of today she’s become the first artist to occupy the entire top 10 with songs from that album!

all 13 standard edition tracks made the top 15 btw​

Last edited:
Six Degrees of Taylor Swift (play a Taylor record or something/someone connected to Taylor or her work)

OK, according to the Taylor Swift Disney Wiki, Taylor Swift had a cameo in Hannah Montana The Movie, and also in Take Two with Phineas and Ferb. So that puts here within 6 degrees of this release somehow, right?

Thanks for the fun month @Wicked Dreamer ! Loved the approach!

A Disneyland Record ~ Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House

1667241128901.png

Six Degrees of Taylor Swift (play a Taylor record or something/someone connected to Taylor or her work)

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
95D8280C-AB15-49EA-83B9-4FD8E1111A25.jpeg

I am kinda indifferent to Taylor Swift’s charm personally (outside of “Shake It Off” which is one of the best Pop songs of my generation). That being said she has been recording lots of music with Indie Rock stalwarts over the past few years; one of the Dressner Brothers, Justin Vernon probably some others too. I decided to go with Bon Iver as it feels like a chilly Autumn album.

Day 31: “Monster Mash”
play a spoooooky record

The National - High Violet

IMG_7956.jpg

Here's a twofer for you - High Violet features longtime Taylor Swift collaborator Aaron Dessner in his day job with The National but also has spooky tracks such as Afraid of Everyone and Anyone's Ghost.

This was a fun month @Wicked Dreamer - thanks for hosting!

Back