October 2022 Vinyl Challenge: Chart Watcher's Edition

Day 8: “I Want to Hold Your Hand”

B1A6E0AE-AA13-4F47-915A-286222C7BB99.jpeg

The record that kicked off the British Invasion, arguably revitalized rock n’ roll in the US and became the first of the Beatles’ record 20 #1 hits, helping them become the most successful act in Billboard’s history (singles chart, albums chart & combined)!

Day 8: "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
play a British record (imaginary bonus points if it's an artist from the 60s British Invasion)

You know Jimmy Page saw this shit, which fits perfectly with their early M.O. of musical theft left and right. And while we're at it, Liam Gallagher studied this too.

Pure electricity...

The Creation - Action Painting

20221008_001929.jpg

Day 6: “The Twist”

Patrick Hernandez – Born To Be Alive
20221008_091337.jpg

Fringe Theatre star Jem Rolls posted the title track on my Facebook wall for my 40th birthday. A couple weeks later at my first, and thus far only (thanks to the world shutting down a week or two later) record show I found this copy at one of the tables and instantly snapped it up. The whole album is okay, at best, but the "Born to Be Alive" is an absolute certified banger!

Day 8: “I Want to Hold Your Hand”

Denim - Back In Denim

D5E06DD8-F967-420B-8125-5B056B5B1740.jpeg

Awesome, frequently forgotten Brit-pop album. Sometimes you’re just browsing through your local shop in the small(er) town you live in, just trying to kill some time when you stumble across a gem like this record that you thought you’d never ever see and you have to blink a few times to believe it.

Back