Oceanic Members.

Yeh AUD sux ass right now.

Its painful seeing how cheap it is then you do the conversion and yall like damn.

It’s the first record that’s expensive - the $39 per month. After that the side subs and even exclusives don’t work out too bad although the prices have been creeping up on exclusives

It’s the first record that’s expensive - the $39 per month. After that the side subs and even exclusives don’t work out too bad although the prices have been creeping up on exclusives

The single greatest thing is the free shipping on other purchases.
So if your rich enough to buy 1-2 records each month ontop of the monthly then the price balances itself out to be a bit of a bargain.

Melbourne represent!

I was on Essentials & Hip-Hop subs but cancelled for a bit - seemingly just in time too. Watching the dollar drop below 70 cents was heart-breaking!

So what do the VMP subs cost in Aussie dollar terms now? $55 or so for the first one, and when does free shipping kick in?

Melbourne represent!

I was on Essentials & Hip-Hop subs but cancelled for a bit - seemingly just in time too. Watching the dollar drop below 70 cents was heart-breaking!

So what do the VMP subs cost in Aussie dollar terms now? $55 or so for the first one, and when does free shipping kick in?
Yeah that’s about right, about $55 for first sub then maybe $36 for side subs. Free shipping as soon as you’ve got a main sub. I’m staying subbed to RHH but it’s not cheap.

Having said that I just went and dropped $60 on the new National record, and that wasn’t even for the deluxe version. This isn’t a cheap hobby and it feels like it’s getting more expensive

Having said that I just went and dropped $60 on the new National record, and that wasn’t even for the deluxe version. This isn’t a cheap hobby and it feels like it’s getting more expensive

I think I spent $75+ on the triple vinyl on pre-order. Shipping is the absolute killer.

Wondering if we should all put our heads together and see if there's a way to slash our shipping costs, either through a mail forwarding service, bulk buying or any other methods? I'm investigating an ecommerce play at work at the moment and its clear that people are making a killing on shipping stuff here with some decent profits built into the shipping costs...

The problem is that shipping is also super expensive within Australia - usually $15 for a double LP. Sucks we don’t have a cheaper media mail option like the States.

I think I spent $75+ on the triple vinyl on pre-order. Shipping is the absolute killer.

Wondering if we should all put our heads together and see if there's a way to slash our shipping costs, either through a mail forwarding service, bulk buying or any other methods? I'm investigating an ecommerce play at work at the moment and its clear that people are making a killing on shipping stuff here with some decent profits built into the shipping costs...
I think $60 might be the highest I’ve gone. Spent that on Father John Misty too once before. You’d think that JB would be a cheap option but I find they’re often more expensive than the independent shops in Adelaide

I think $60 might be the highest I’ve gone. Spent that on Father John Misty too once before. You’d think that JB would be a cheap option but I find they’re often more expensive than the independent shops in Adelaide

Welcome to being ripped off on shipping... the record was $US45 + shipping - so the bloody thing cost me $111 all up (I wish I hadn't checked my statement just now to confirm this).

JB is hella expensive for vinyl - I avoid it like the plague. This is why the Amazon vinyl deals thread is where I spend a LOT of time. But this habit is getting kinda ridiculous for cost....

Welcome to being ripped off on shipping... the record was $US45 + shipping - so the bloody thing cost me $111 all up (I wish I hadn't checked my statement just now to confirm this).
View attachment 1310

JB is hella expensive for vinyl - I avoid it like the plague. This is why the Amazon vinyl deals thread is where I spend a LOT of time. But this habit is getting kinda ridiculous for cost....
Can you get the same thing from juno.co.uk for 80 AUD? Shipping for a 3lp is 15 and the vinyl is 59 with the rest being gst lol

Edit: 2 in stock.

Australia needs to stock more vinyl..especially the more unique stuff.

I buy mostly from Discrepancy Records it checked all the right boxes.

Indie/Small time shop : Tick.
Variety of stock : Tick
Allow me to import any record I please from anywhere : Tick
Afterpay: Tick
Shipping speed is quick: Tick
Great support : Tick

Prices can be a lil high but I dont mind paying the little guys profits to keep themselves in business.

Australia needs to stock more vinyl..especially the more unique stuff.

I buy mostly from Discrepancy Records it checked all the right boxes.

Indie/Small time shop : Tick.
Variety of stock : Tick
Allow me to import any record I please from anywhere : Tick
Afterpay: Tick
Shipping speed is quick: Tick
Great support : Tick

Prices can be a lil high but I dont mind paying the little guys profits to keep themselves in business.
I'm with you on the range but when its nudging $60 before shipping that hurts!

Then again - wonder what they would have charged me for The National's 3LP Deluxe edition... betcha it would be less than $111...

EDIT: Yes would have saved money, but only $10... surely there's a better way!

I'm with you on the range but when its nudging $60 before shipping that hurts!

Then again - wonder what they would have charged me for The National's 3LP Deluxe edition... betcha it would be less than $111...

EDIT: Yes would have saved money, but only $10... surely there's a better way!

The more records you buy the more savings on that website so I often just try to buy in bulk lots instead of singulars.

Back