November 2022 Challenge Thread: The TV Guide Challenge

Friday November 18

9:00 PM ⑰ NBC Knight Rider

Play an album that feature art, names, or songs about cool elfin’ cars…or David Hasslehoff

The Mach 5 could take KITT any day of the week. Plus it inspired one of the best episodes of Dexters Laboratory.

Michael Giacchino ~ Speed Racer Soundtrack

1668790049098.png

Wednesday November 16
4:35 PM ⓯ TBS The Brady Bunch (R)
Play some groovy far out tunes that would make Johnny Bravo proud

Donovan – The E.P. Collection
See For Miles Records Ltd. – SEE 300, 1990

Cut by George "Porky Prime Cut" Peckham
Pressed at MPO

8Ody8W.jpg

CaMXjp.jpg

5:05 PM ⓯ TBS Happy Days (R)
Spoiler: Channel 15
Play a song that woulda played for The Fonz when he hit the Al’s Diner juke box.

I could see Al having some local boys in the jukebox....they even went to Fonz's funeral.

Lenny And The Squigtones – Lenny & Squiggy Present Lenny And The Squigtones
Casablanca – NBLP 7149, 1979

Cut at Allen Zentz Mastering
Pressed at Specialty Records Corporation

0ne0DR.jpg

zLLMtP.jpg

Friday November 18
8:00 PM ❸ CBS Dallas
Dwight Yoakam - Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc.
B2656DA0-D404-4A0F-B92A-E2AC822D5FE3.jpeg
I was gonna spin a record from a Texas based artist but I was trying to hit a deadline at work since I am out all next week on for Thanksgiving.

Saturday November 19
Dwight Yoakam - Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc.
61C17F2C-34E4-4282-BCEB-DD94A5793F3B.jpeg
Thankfully Cowboy hats and Automobiles often go hand in hand so to be as efficient as possible I spun this album because it legitimately would would for either program.

Play an album with cowboy hat style

This has become an all time favorite record of mine over the years. It just always sounds fantastic. I bet I've played this for a prompt a dozen times in challenges...and I'm not sorry. And yep, it's got a cowboy hat style.

IMG_2658.JPG

Play an album with cowboy hat style

This has become an all time favorite record of mine over the years. It just always sounds fantastic. I bet I've played this for a prompt a dozen times in challenges...and I'm not sorry. And yep, it's got a cowboy hat style.

View attachment 157913

My Willie whale!

Willie & Leon – One For The Road
20221118_185939.jpg

.......:::::::::::::::::::::.......

Drive-By Truckers – The Dirty South
20221118_200611.jpg

Between "Carl Perkins' Cadillac" and the generational car racing "Daddy's Cup" there's many a cool effin' car to be found here.

10:35 PM ❺ NBC Saturday Night Live - live from New York it's Saturday Night...
AND
11:00 PM ㊿ HBO Tales From The Crypt - can't think of a "scary" pun at the moment

PXL_20221119_124404925.jpg

Portishead "S/T" - they played SNL in 1998 and probably played something off this album, I'd love to include a video but I can't seem to find one on YouTube...
AND
Black Market Brass "Undying Thirst" - More funky than spooky but look at that big old skull on the cover!!! This record always puts me in a good mood...

Thursday November 17
8:00 PM ❺ NBC Cheers
Spoiler: Channel 5
Play an album by an artist that records under an assumed name. (Bonus points if they’re from Boston)

Robert Cummings, AKA Rob Straker, AKA Rob Zombie...was born in Haverhill, Massachusetts - being ~40 minutes from Boston makes it a commutable drive to say it's close enough to Boston.

Rob Zombie – Hellbilly Deluxe
Geffen Records – B0026860-01, 1998/2018

Pressed at RTI

TEYyqp.jpg

ieHvWz.jpg

8:30 PM ❺ NBC Night Court
Spoiler: Channel 5
Play a debauched album that might soundtrack a night that would lead to ya getting put in front of the Honorable Harry Anderson

Various – Judgment Night (Music From The Motion Picture)
Asbestos Records/Epic Soundtrax/Sony Music Commercial Music Group – ASB113, 1993/2016

#RSD16 - limited to 1700

Cut at Lucky Lacquers
Pressed at United

RsdPAK.jpg

Rk6Sin.jpg

Tuesday November 15
10:00 AM ❸ CBS The Price Is Right
Play an album you got a good deal on

The Beatles - The Beatles and Esher Demos

A4274CAE-5D89-4E06-AC0C-905A38EB5743.jpeg

Still love my mono copy, but $15 at Walmart for this guy? No hesitation, especially when I’m buying more hesitatable records along with it (Tim McGraw greatest hits and George Strait #1s volumes 1 and 2… although after playing those yesterday, I think they were also a good call)

Back