November 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: High wind through the trees, falling November leaves, a weak sun hanging low, summer seems so long ago...

21. World Hello Day
Play the album you would give to someone to introduce them to an artist.

Various Artists "Soul Slabs Vol. 1" (2017 Colemine Records)
If someone wanted to get into Colemine Records, I'd suggest they first listen to this amazingly consistent funk and soul compilation. And you can't go wrong with a cover of Fela Kuti's "Let's Start" to get, well, started into your journey.

IMG_1989.JPG

21. World Hello Day

Carly Rae Jepsen - E*MO*TION

F7B030FC-A20C-4398-BF32-E968802C39C2.jpeg

Part of the stack that @Matt M concocted for me today. Today is my birthday, which I share with my good friends Carly and Bjork, so I always enjoy playing them on this specific day. This is the first record I recommend when someone who has enjoyed other genres wants to get into more recent pop music.

21. World Hello Day

View attachment 118038

Part of the stack that @Matt M concocted for me today. Today is my birthday, which I share with my good friends Carly and Bjork, so I always enjoy playing them on this specific day. This is the first record I recommend when someone who has enjoyed other genres wants to get into more recent pop music.

Happy Birthday !

21. World Hello Day

View attachment 118038

1637537411499.gif

World Hello Day
Play the album you would give to someone to introduce them to an artist.

Introducing someone to an artist is sometimes tricky. You don't start at the pinnacle and you try to avoid any possibly perceived low points. For a diverse artist, it's even harder.

This is where the (gasp) oft maligned greatest hits/compilation album can work magic in kindling interest.

This doesn't come anywhere close to touching all the stylistic bases, but this is where I'd start a friend on Neil...

Neil Young - Decade

20211122_001812.jpg

Back