(Northern) California knows how to party

I'm in Morgan Hill today, grew up in San Jose/Los Gatos/Campbell, and live in PDX. ❤️❤️❤️

I'm gonna need some record store recommendations... @PVDUBBER
Oh my Sac has so many, its hard to choose, but some of my favorites are The Audio Nerd in Rocklin. Great prices and tons of used stuff. I also love Cherry Records in Downtown Auburn they usually have some harder to find stuff and the owners of both are super nice. The Audio Nerd regularly has half price and 20% days which I take full advantage of.

Hey all, from Sacramento here myself and some most unfortunate news for us record collectors/ buyers. Starting today all Dimple stores are liquidating their merchandise and will be closing over the next few months. Everything right now is 20% off, just stopped in Citrus Heights location today. My biggest concern is for Record Store Day in the Sacramento area now.

I don't shop there often but losing an option is disheartening.

I don't shop there often but losing an option is disheartening.
They were really the last true new AND used record store in the Sacramento area. They also had the best selection on RSD. I'd usually hit up Cherry first then come down the hill and try and pick up things I missed or he didn't get there. Great experience hanging out in line with other vinyl junkies. Also they just started buying used vinyl in their Roseville and Citrus Heights stores so found some real jewels at great prices over the last several months. This one's gonna hurt.

I enjoy it when I get downtime in Sac. It may be considered as touristy, but I don’t care, I dig Old Sacramento. Brooks is a pretty cool record store. I picked up a sweet OG Hank Sr. record there.

They were really the last true new AND used record store in the Sacramento area. They also had the best selection on RSD. I'd usually hit up Cherry first then come down the hill and try and pick up things I missed or he didn't get there. Great experience hanging out in line with other vinyl junkies. Also they just started buying used vinyl in their Roseville and Citrus Heights stores so found some real jewels at great prices over the last several months. This one's gonna hurt.
Oh yeah for sure, I know what you mean. A lot of places sell new and a lot of places sell old but few do both well. sad day for sure.

Back