(Northern) California knows how to party

I guess the issue would be record stores that are worth checking out where you wouldn't actually buy any 🤔 I don't know if any of them are too exciting on their own if you're not actually making any purchases...

I guess the issue would be record stores that are worth checking out where you wouldn't actually buy any 🤔 I don't know if any of them are too exciting on their own if you're not actually making any purchases...

i get what youre saying. i like browsing stores, some are nice and i can have a good time without buying stuff.
where would i go for hiphop stuff then?
might grab one or two.

i get what youre saying. i like browsing stores, some are nice and i can have a good time without buying stuff.
where would i go for hiphop stuff then?
might grab one or two.

1-2-3-4 is worth checking out ... Amoeba is nice but they don't have a huge used selection, and all their new stuff is usually at full list price.

If you make it over to the East Bay, Econo Jam in Oakland has a lot of bootlegs, Iike the Amerigo Gazaway mashups and even things like Channel Orange ... Contact Records in Oakland is nice too ... They specialize in Japanese imports, complete with obi-strips. It's a small store though, as it's located inside an old shipping container.

Woah.

Gonna keep my eye on this. Not like I have the funds to buy it or anything, but if the new management is looking for an inventory manager.....

Hope all my fellow Northern Californians are staying as dry and safe as possible! We've been fortunate- not even a power outage at our house, but nearby areas have flooded pretty bad, and it looks like the Salinas River is about to get high enough to cut off both the highways that connect the Monterey Peninsula to the rest of the world (hopefully only for a day or two).

Hope all my fellow Northern Californians are staying as dry and safe as possible! We've been fortunate- not even a power outage at our house, but nearby areas have flooded pretty bad, and it looks like the Salinas River is about to get high enough to cut off both the highways that connect the Monterey Peninsula to the rest of the world (hopefully only for a day or two).

We've had two power outages here in Sacramento (one overnight) but we've been lucky that it hasn't been any worse.

Back