(Northern) California knows how to party

I'm also in Sacramento - originally from southern CA and moved here 18 years ago, just in time to see Tower go out of business. And now Dimple! To be honest, I never thought it was a great record store but they were getting better and I did go there for RSD. Talked to an employee who said that vinyl is the only thing that has been selling well (they also sell CDs, DVDs, and video games). I really hope the old Tower store on Broadway is going to be preserved somehow, murals intact.
As far as used record stores, I really like Waxidermy in midtown.

I've got two lawn tickets to next Tuesday's Beck/Cage the Elephant/Spoon show in Mountain View that I won't be able to use. Free to a good home (or if you wanted to buy them for cheap, I wouldn't say no).

I've got two lawn tickets to next Tuesday's Beck/Cage the Elephant/Spoon show in Mountain View that I won't be able to use. Free to a good home (or if you wanted to buy them for cheap, I wouldn't say no).

I might be able to take them but I'd have to check to see if wife would want to go

hey guys. im probably going to be in the Bay area for atleast a week in early October. can I spam this place with my questions ? 😱
this is going to be my first trip across the pond so ill probably asking for some pointers that might not be vinyl related.
cheers

hey guys. im probably going to be in the Bay area for atleast a week in early October. can I spam this place with my questions ? 😱
this is going to be my first trip across the pond so ill probably asking for some pointers that might not be vinyl related.
cheers

If part of your trip takes you down to the Monterey area, feel free to pick my brain!

cheers
Absolutely! I live in SF and can definitely help you out with any planning questions you might have

is one of you familiar with Niners tickets ? whats the best place to buy them online and is there a way to print them out or anything ? not sure my phone will work and all that.
Pretty sure they are all digital now, I just had a conversation with a co-worker about this yesterday. My brother has season tickets, I can ask him (he also might have a pair to sell depending on what game you're looking for!)

Pretty sure they are all digital now, I just had a conversation with a co-worker about this yesterday. My brother has season tickets, I can ask him (he also might have a pair to sell depending on what game you're looking for!)

its the Monday night game against the Browns. that would be cool , thanks

pm me for details if you get a response please

Hey Sacramento folks! I’ve found myself with an unexpected downtime in your city. Anyone want to help me find shenanigans or join me for a beer?

looking for some recommendations for day trips we can do if we stay in San Fran and dont have a car. anything goes !

cheers
So depends on what you are interested in, but Berkeley and Oakland are easily accessible by public transportation and there are lots of great record stores there. San Jose is easily accessible by train as well. I am sure you can get a bus tour to Napa/wine country if you are into that sort of thing. Santa Cruz is also nice, but not sure how you get there without a car.

looking for some recommendations for day trips we can do if we stay in San Fran and dont have a car. anything goes !

cheers
So depends on what you are interested in, but Berkeley and Oakland are easily accessible by public transportation and there are lots of great record stores there. San Jose is easily accessible by train as well. I am sure you can get a bus tour to Napa/wine country if you are into that sort of thing. Santa Cruz is also nice, but not sure how you get there without a car.
If you're into spirits, you can take the ferry (and spending a couple of hours at the Ferry Building is a must!) the Alameda and take a tour/tasting at St. George

St. George Distillery

They also have a couple wineries and a brewery as neighbors and amazing views of San Francisco, it's a great way to spend an afternoon.

looking for SF accomodation (again) . kinda after budget options right now so hostels would be perfect in an ok area if possible.
do any of you have any tips?

I'm not sure when you're heading here and what your goals are but you might look at AirBnB in Alameda. There are many smallish places for around/under $100 a night which seems reasonable for the bay area. It's a bit out of the way but you'd be a 7$ Lyft ride or a 20 minute bus ride from the bart station, also you can take the ferry into San Francisco and up to the North Bay.

It's sort of a suburb but there are some fantastic eats and drinks here. I live there so I'm a bit biased but I'm happy to field any other questions.

now we can talk about record stores ! im not looking to buy records during the trip, because of transport and customs.

but what are the stores to see ? i only know of Amoeba

now we can talk about record stores ! im not looking to buy records during the trip, because of transport and customs.

but what are the stores to see ? i only know of Amoeba

I live a couple hours south, so I don't know the answer, but I'm adding my request to yours so I know where to go on my next venture north. I also only know about Amoeba...

I live a couple hours south, so I don't know the answer, but I'm adding my request to yours so I know where to go on my next venture north. I also only know about Amoeba...
1234 Go in the Mission is small but worth a look, plus it's in the middle of a great hood to explore.

There's another shop across the street called Stranded that is pricey but worth a look.

I haven't been to Originals Vinyl yet but it's right near Alamo Square where the Painted Ladies are, worth popping in if you're over there.

Back