North Carolina

Whoa, how have I not heard of this?!
Brand new, only been open a couple months! I've yet to go!

And yeah, Citizen Vinyl is absolutely worth a trip. Great cocktails, awesome food and coffee, just an excellent hang. They're always spinning on Thorens decks. The owner is actually good friends with one of my former guitar student's parents, so I've been very lucky to be able to tour the facilities. We were even potentially discussing having me work a press, but logistics didn't quite pan out.

If I need a place to grab an hour or two outside the house to chill or answer some emails, Citizen Vinyl's a top pick.

Long shot: any NC N&G members live in the far NE corner in the state (Gates County)? I want to buy some records from someone there but that's a 3-hour drive for me.

This is not North Carolina but maybe some Charlotte or Asheville folks can help me out. I'm going to be in Greenville, South Carolina next week for a wedding and I know I'll have a few hours to kill when the bridal party all do their own thing. A quick search pulls up at least 5 record stores in and around Greenville. Has anyone visited and can recommend which are worth visiting? Thank you!

Anybody heading to Christmas Jam on Saturday?

Xmas.jpg

Gregory Porter in concert in Raleigh on Friday night - I will be there!
He's in Charlotte on Saturday; Charleston on Sunday!
Last US performances until August.

Went to the Stage Door Theater in Charlotte on Thursday and saw Tia Fuller, the saxophonist from Pixar’s “Soul”. Wonderful performance! She there doing two concerts tonight, too. The “Jazz Room” is a cool, non-profit venue any jazz lover in the region should get to know.

Saw the Emmet Cohn Trio last night at the Booth Playhouse, featuring Joe Farnsworth on the drums. OMG - what a treat!

Easily the best night of jazz for my year so far! I bought all the CDs (no vinyl on sale last night). Don’t miss Emmet if you get the chance.

Goldprint Audio was a new name for me today. Anyone purchased from them? Based in Lexington.

It may just be me, but the 'About Us' link that describes themselves as "audio gurus" followed by a bunch of pictures of them on vacation isn't really making me think "I want to buy here."

Goldprint Audio was a new name for me today. Anyone purchased from them? Based in Lexington.

Odd website and haven't bought there personally, but there are a number of glowing reviews for them on the Hoffman forums.

Back