North Carolina

Visiting Asheville this weekend. Any tips for grub, sights, records?

Grub - Tupelo Honey, 12 Bones, Foggy Mountain
Sights - Biltmore House, Dead Meadow at The Mothlight, JD McPherson at The Grey Eagle
Records - Harvest, Static Age, Voltage, Habitat For Humanity Restore (they have a record section curated by Warren Haynes' brother and sister in law)

Visiting Asheville this weekend. Any tips for grub, sights, records?
Nine Mile is my favorite restaurant in town. Get the Negril Nights. Mmmmmmm
Sunny Point Cafe is also my favorite. Really, whichever place I ate at last is my fave. Ha.

Rocky's Hot Chicken, 12 Bones BBQ, Buxton Hall Barbeque, Plant, Sierra Nevada, Blue Dream Curry House. The Hop for ice cream. Hole for donuts.

Pennycup, Battlecat, Hi Five, Izzys for coffee.

Burial is the best brewery in town. And that's saying something.

Harvest is an amazing record store.

Blue Spiral Gallery and Grovewood Gallery

The Moog factory and store is here. Make Noise also.

Grub - Tupelo Honey, 12 Bones, Foggy Mountain
Sights - Biltmore House, Dead Meadow at The Mothlight, JD McPherson at The Grey Eagle
Records - Harvest, Static Age, Voltage, Habitat For Humanity Restore (they have a record section curated by Warren Haynes' brother and sister in law)
Biltmore House is amazing. Been through it many times and it never gets old for me.

I guess I need to visit the Habitat store!

Going to be in the triangle for a week not at the holidays for the first time in years. Any new record stores pop up? How about must try restaurants? Went to Brewery Bhavana last time I was in town and it was amazing.

Back