No Buy May Challenge! May 1-May 31!!!

Kid Creole and the Coconuts - Wise Guy

20210503_100944.jpg

First listen! I picked this up with a big batch of bargain records last summer. At first I thought it was some out there project by the MC from the Furious Five. Obviously I was quite wrong, but August Darnell's story proved to be a fascinating one as well so I'm glad this led me on that journey - I just somehow never came back to actually spinning this record until now.

Khemmis - Hunted

20210503_103112.jpg

I've only played this N&G AotM twice prior to now. I'd love to own more metal, but more curated towards the doom/black/death subgenres. This particular one is a nice introduction to doom metal for the curious; lots of epic riffs!

That pressing sounds so good, it nearly brought me to tears the first time I listened to it.
Noiseless and crystal clear. No doubt.

Khemmis - Hunted

View attachment 97969

I've only played this N&G AotM twice prior to now. I'd love to own more metal, but more curated towards the doom/black/death subgenres. This particular one is a nice introduction to doom metal for the curious; lots of epic riffs!

Noiseless and crystal clear. No doubt.
I may have to check this one out with the kiddo later - we've been embarking on a periodic metal educational journey together over the past 6-9 months. But neither of us have dipped into doom metal yet!

Visible Cloaks, Yoshio Ojima & Satsuki Shibano - Serenitatem

20210503_121322.jpg

Finishing up the stack made by @avecigrec (thank you!) with this gorgeous collaboration from Portland ambient/experimental duo Visible Cloaks and Japanese composers Yoshio Ojima and Satuski Shibano. The different ambient styles from each artist coalesce wonderfully into something so akin to what you'd hear on the Kankyo Ongaku LitA compilation, yet so incredibly distinctive. Highly recommended for listeners of ambient/experimental music.
Visible Cloaks / Fennesz was the final concert I attended prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Back