No Buy May Challenge! May 1-May 31!!!

Thanks for putting on this challenge @girlnevergoesout ! I had a lot of fun, and it most definitely helped keep me focused on listening and not buying. Now I need to try and not go overboard with vinyl purchases in June...

And of course, shoutout to @avecigrec . I was wasn’t sure if I’d be able to pass you until there at the very end. If it wasn’t for a very slow work week and being able to work from home it would not have been possible!

Thanks for putting on this challenge @girlnevergoesout ! I had a lot of fun, and it most definitely helped keep me focused on listening and not buying. Now I need to try and not go overboard with vinyl purchases in June...

And of course, shoutout to @avecigrec . I was wasn’t sure if I’d be able to pass you until there at the very end. If it wasn’t for a very slow work week and being able to work from home it would not have been possible!
Well played @jfitzy - and excellent spins! Had a few crazy things come up over the last couple days that were mostly positive but reduced my available spins time; and I had a bunch of pre-orders land that I was just too excited to wait on. It was fun to watch you steam ahead.

Thanks @girlnevergoesout for such a fun focal point. I very much enjoyed this!

Was this just confined to May? I thought there was a No Buy General thread somewhere but can't find it. I haven't pre-ordered a record in what seems like months. It's refreshing to look at my pre-order notes and see only 3-4 things.

"Keep up the food fight and never pay more than triple digits for a grail, it'll see a repressing eventually." - Mahatma Gandhi

Was this just confined to May? I thought there was a No Buy General thread somewhere but can't find it. I haven't pre-ordered a record in what seems like months. It's refreshing to look at my pre-order notes and see only 3-4 things.

"Keep up the food fight and never pay more than triple digits for a grail, it'll see a repressing eventually." - Mahatma Gandhi

Hiya!!!!

@jfitzy and @avecigrec, please message me the food bank or animal shelter of your choice! I will be donating $50 to each in your names for such a great month! I never expected to see the number of listens to get that high!

It was such a great month with a lot of listens! It looks like some of y’all listened to a good chunk of your records. This thread brought me endless joy!

Next round will start in July!

Back