NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

They probably should have been thinking about the future 3 or 4 years ago.

Reason I was asking is because Bunting seems more like a now than a future. Unless he comes with a promising player or pick (nothing is ever really comparable, but I'm thinking of like when we got Tatar with a young Suzuki - Tatar gave a couple good years while Suzuki finished out his junior years).

Last edited:
Reason I was asking is because Bunting seems more like a now and a future. Unless he comes with a promising player or pick (nothing is ever really comparable, but I'm thinking of like when we got Tatar with a young Suzuki - Tatar gave a couple good years while Suzuki finished out his junior years).

It’s looking like Bunting, 2 prospects and a pick. Scott Morrow is one of the prospects.
Hopefully Jake will resign with the Pens in the summer. I’d also love to see Smith, and Rakell moved out. But for me, it’s all meaningless if that coaching staff doesn’t get sacked.

Look, the idea of Crosby, Malkin, and Letang retiring with the Pens is very romantic. But I feel bad for Sid because he’s still performing at a high level, so I’d totally be on board if he wanted to go somewhere that would put him in the position to win another Cup or 2. He deserves it. The Pens probably should have traded Letang after the b2b wins. His value was at its peak and would have returned a fantastic haul. I don’t have a problem with Malkin sticking around, but he is no longer effective driving the second line. He should either be moved to wing or down to the third line.

Back