NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

“Temporary” feels very “we took him to live on a really nice farm in the country” or “just popping out for some smokes.”

There are a few local reporters saying that Jake doesn’t want to move from Pittsburgh. Of course that could be speculation, but it would interesting to see if Dubas could get a nice return and then have Jake resign with the Pens in the summer.

TRADE ALERT 🚨

The Philadelphia Flyers dealt defenseman Sean Walker to the Colorado Avalanche, reports TSN's Pierre LeBrun.

More to come.

TRADE ALERT 🚨

The Buffalo Sabres have traded forward Casey Mittelstadt to the Colorado Avalanche for defenseman Bowen Byram, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

Ryan Johansen placed on waivers after being dealt to the Flyers. If I had a dollar for every bad contract David Poile signed I could not work for a while. Johansen, Duchene, Turris, Bonino, Stalberg. The Josi and Forsberg signings have been good I will give him that. I mean look at this crap.

1709755912379.png

Last edited:
TRADE ALERT 🚨

The Vegas Golden Knights are acquiring defenseman Noah Hanifin from the Calgary Flames, TSN's Chris Johnston reports.

Hanifin was the No. 2 name available on theScore's trade board. The pending unrestricted free agent has 11 goals and 35 points in 61 games this season and garnered interest on the trade front.

The 27-year-old was linked to the Boston Bruins, Florida Panthers, and Tampa Bay Lightning in recent days. Hanifin was reportedly eyeing teams with which he would sign long-term and is believed to have the Lightning as his preferred destination.

The Golden Knights land Hanifin despite returning all six defensemen from their Stanley Cup-winning blue-line. Vegas has had notable injury woes, with Shea Theodore, Alec Martinez, and Zach Whitecloud each missing more than 15 games.

Hanifin carries a $4.95-million cap hit, which the Golden Knights can fit onto their roster with Mark Stone's $9.5-million salary on long-term injured reserve.

Vegas acquired forward Anthony Mantha with 50% retained salary on Tuesday from the Washington Capitals.

Back