NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

Sully probably won’t get fired but he should be. Did that team look like a team who gave zero fucks? If the answer is yes, then yes, he should be fired.
And maybe GMJR should be fired for making poor decisions a la reacquiring Conor Sheary. Not to mention the JJ contract.
What I saw outside of a team that played with no heart and no urgency, is a team that is on the decline. The core players are aging (33 +) and slowing down. Malkin looked off like he was playing hurt or something. Marleau was invisible and Hornqvist wasn't his usual self etc. Maybe you're right Sullivan has reached his expiration with those players? Maybe they stopped playing for him? Nevertheless changes are inevitable when you lose in the playoffs especially to a lower seeded team, so we shall see what the off-season brings.

I'm US-based and I don't have cable, just streaming services on devices. What would you recommend to watch NHL playoffs? I'm already a HULU subscriber so I was thinking the HULU add-on (NBC variety + USA), but I'm open to other suggestions.

I don't think any team that loses in the play-in round should make massive changes based on 3-5 games in bizarro world.

Jack Johnson should definitely be launched into the sun but we already knew that.

Hynes needs to go and Poile should too. Lots of questionable trades. The only trade he’s one as the Preds GM is Forsberg. Nashville where forwards go to die.

I'm US-based and I don't have cable, just streaming services on devices. What would you recommend to watch NHL playoffs? I'm already a HULU subscriber so I was thinking the HULU add-on (NBC variety + USA), but I'm open to other suggestions.
Most games I’ve watched have been on NBC via ATT TV. If no restrictions with the add-on, then go for it.

Yeah, whatever gets you NBC/NBCSN/USA/MSNBC is all you need since I’m pretty sure nbc has all the rights to the playoffs.

What I saw outside of a team that played with no heart and no urgency, is a team that is on the decline. The core players are aging (33 +) and slowing down. Malkin looked off like he was playing hurt or something. Marleau was invisible and Hornqvist wasn't his usual self etc. Maybe you're right Sullivan has reached his expiration with those players? Maybe they stopped playing for him? Nevertheless changes are inevitable when you lose in the playoffs especially to a lower seeded team, so we shall see what the off-season brings.

I think Sid has 3 solid years left. I don’t know about Geno. Unless he got hurt in the 1st or 2nd game, I’m not sure what his problem is. He was fine before the break. Sid trains well during the off-season but it doesn’t look like Geno does. I guess we’ll see if anything happens over the next few months.

I just think with Sullivan, he’s very loyal to his “system” and refuses to adapt it when other teams and coaches figure out how to beat it.
It might not be the team tunning him out, but it might be them realizing that his system no longer works. Those kind of coaches don’t seem to last long.

Back