NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

I really want to hear the trash talking and cussing. Does anyone know if they’ll be piping in fake crowd noise like MLB is doing? I know they have an app that will allow fans at home to cheer or boo and then staff can mix that in.

CBFDFEF6-C18A-41E9-BFDC-9BE649A364AA.jpeg

I really want to hear the trash talking and cussing. Does anyone know if they’ll be piping in fake crowd noise like MLB is doing? I know they have an app that will allow fans at home to cheer or boo and then staff can mix that in.

View attachment 57884
Kind of. I don't think it'll be live through the app or whatever, but the same story I quoted from earlier mentioned that various teams/their fans have recorded stuff and sent it to the NHL--Columbus' cannon, Tampa's Tesla coil, various teams' regular anthem singers, etc.--though they're not sure yet how the league will use them.

I'll likely watch from work in front of a 50 screen multiviewer. And if not then I'll watch on my projector screen in the party garage, or the 106" one in my living room, or the 125" in the new party basement. 😀
I should add that while doing these things I will be playing the song "All by Myself" on repeat softly in the background. Soft enough to blend in, but just loud enough to know it's there and to really FEEL it.

Relatedly, my friend bought a mini projector that we're going to hook up to a super long ethernet cable and wire to either my deck or my backyard, and then throw up a bedsheet or whatever to watch on the railing or fence and watch the games (at least the Leaf games starting in the evening) socially distanced. Any of you guys got fun plans for the playoffs?
Just watch the games on my 55" 4K TV 📺 in the basement aka :The Man Cave" with my son. Let's Go Pens! 🐧

Back