NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

At first glance the Oilers won this trade for sure. Neal has something left in the tank and is easier to buy out.

Neal is also what the Oilers actually need in a depth forward: experience with some scoring touch still there (and I think he will get more of a chance to do that in Dave Tippet's system). Lucic has.....none of what Calgary needs, save for "toughness" which is useless to him if his offensive upside is gone.

they not just getting Lucic but a new arena too

Wow have I been out of it!!! Just checked TSN's signing tracker. It's gonna be really weird seeing a few of these guys in different uniforms next season, especially:

Pavelski and Perry now on Stars!?! Stars offense will be stacked! (esp if Perry is productive, and Hanzal can stay healthy, which is unlikely)
Stars top two lines could look something like: Benn - Seguin - Radulov , Pavelski - Hanzal - Perry

Varlamov on Isles also feels weird.

Last edited:
they not just getting Lucic but a new arena too

Goddammit. Fuckin' corporate welfare. Tax dollars going to arenas is always a bad idea.
Wow have I been out of it!!! Just checked TSN's signing tracker. It's gonna be really weird seeing a few of these guys in different uniforms next season, especially:

Pavelski and Perry now on Stars!?! Stars offense will be stacked! (esp if Perry is productive, and Hanzal can stay healthy, which is unlikely)
Stars top two lines could look something like: Benn - Seguin - Radulov , Pavelski - Hanzal - Perry
I don't think Perry is the player people think he is anymore.

Yeah, it's daily lineups, so it's a bit more involved than fantasy football, unfortunately.

I'd try it out if there were others interested.

Also, I'm going to the Caps preseason game with the fam on Saturday for my birthday and just locked down a 5 game flex plan which includes games against Montreal, Boston, San Jose, Pittsburgh (on Super Bowl Sunday) and Philadelphia; pretty stoked. Bring on the NHL season!!!

I'd try it out if there were others interested.

Also, I'm going to the Caps preseason game with the fam on Saturday for my birthday and just locked down a 5 game flex plan which includes games against Montreal, Boston, San Jose, Pittsburgh (on Super Bowl Sunday) and Philadelphia; pretty stoked. Bring on the NHL season!!!
My first cbj game is Saturday too:)

Back