New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

It’s here! The game is about to change for me. Is there a video that shows how to set up or even just operate this bad boy? Reading the directions now but I always like it better to watch something being done first so I don’t fuck up.
It's simple enough that I couldn't fuck it up so you should be fine with the directions provided. As long as the water tank is in place, it's just a matter of having water in the cleaning basin, placing the record between the two rollers on either (top) side of the cleaner, and selecting the cleaning and/or drying times you want to use (a matter of how many times you depress the corresponding switches). Here's a video that shows some of this (pay no attention to the chalk. Who knows what that was trying to prove?):

It’s here! The game is about to change for me. Is there a video that shows how to set up or even just operate this bad boy? Reading the directions now but I always like it better to watch something being done first so I don’t fuck up.
If you want to watch HOW to fuck one up, watch my main man VinylAttacks YouTube review.

Pretty sure that poor machine didn’t know what hit it.

It's simple enough that I couldn't fuck it up so you should be fine with the directions provided. As long as the water tank is in place, it's just a matter of having water in the cleaning basin, placing the record between the two rollers on either (top) side of the cleaner, and selecting the cleaning and/or drying times you want to use (a matter of how many times you depress the corresponding switches). Here's a video that shows some of this (pay no attention to the chalk. Who knows what that was trying to prove?):

The directions are pretty thorough. I thought some minor assembly was necessary but it was just replacement parts I was seeing. Can’t wait to run some carbonated water through this sucker for extra cleaning power 💥💥💥

Are they shipping these in order they were pre ordered? I got in the last day which was about 2 weeks ago. But no shipping notification yet. I know shipping was between March 1 and March 15

HG did a nice job, but classical music is definitely the reason CDs and high-res exist. The demands on dynamic range are just beyond vinyl as a format.

edit: it's still fun to listen to The Planets on wax, though.

I don't know. I have some great sounding old Deccas

I'm due to get mine tomorrow. Is it just distilled water, or are there any particular type's of cleaning fluid recommended? Does anyone ad anything for anti static properties?

I'm due to get mine tomorrow. Is it just distilled water, or are there any particular type's of cleaning fluid recommended? Does anyone ad anything for anti static properties?

The groove washer g-sonic is the fluid I use and I like it, if you can’t find it in Europe, it seems I got really lucky. I’ve also seen this stuff recommended by people who use the machine.

That said the machine did a really good job without fluid too.

For water I use the de ionised water that you get in 5L drums from Halfords for topping up car batteries. Is less than €5 here.

Last edited:
Distilled water works well. I picked up some Groovewasher G-Sonic which I think has made a difference, though YMMV. You only use a drop of the stuff per tank of water so I imagine it’ll last me a long while.

Distilled water works well. I picked up some Groovewasher G-Sonic which I think has made a difference, though YMMV. You only use a drop of the stuff per tank of water so I imagine it’ll last me a long while.
I was thinking of getting groovewasher sonic when my humminguru comes it. But I thought adding anything like that voids the warranty. Is it pretty safe to use grovewasher sonic?

The groove washer g-sonic is the fluid I use and I like it, if you can’t find it in Europe, it seems I got really lucky. I’ve also seen this stuff recommended by people who use the machine.

Just looking at it. I have a bottle of this that I bought about 5 years ago to make up home-brew cleaning fluid, which I think does the same thing (works as a surfactant). So should be OK.

Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 12.01.53.png

Just looking at it. I have a bottle of this that I bought about 5 years ago to make up home-brew cleaning fluid, which I think does the same thing (works as a surfactant). So should be OK.

View attachment 132394

I see no reason why it shouldn’t! I’d just put one little drop from a pipette into a bath at the start of a cleaning session.

I see no reason why it shouldn’t! I’d just put one little drop from a pipette into a bath at the start of a cleaning session.
Yep. You want to use the tiniest amount, though. Like, get an eyedropper and use a drop or two to start.

All set. I had visions of the whole bottle going in, a pipette bottle is now on the way from Amazon.

Ah awesome! Do you have the link to the IG post where they recommend? Thanks!
Must have been in their Stories section. Wasn’t archived.

But they had mentioned and tagged around the same time that Groovewasher added Humminguru-specific instructions to the G-Sonic page.

edit: aha, it was apparently pinned to their official Facebook group.

Last edited:
Was reading this thread yesterday from Neil.
Thought it might be helpful for US users
"1. Step 1 - 40kHz; use the Tergitol 15-S-9 at 0.05 to 0.1%; for your 6000 mL tank that is 3-6 mL (no benefit for >6 mL/0.1%). For his 6000 mL tank he just adds 60-70 drops. This concentration will develop a wetting solution and micelles that will provided detergency. When he removes the record - gives it a few seconds to drain into the tank. As a wetting solution it will drain very quickly - this will minimize carry-over to the 132kHz tank."

Last edited:
Back