New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

So... in the process of unpacking my apartment, I appear to have lost the spare filters (both water and air) that came with the Guru. Thought it was with my VinylFlat stuff and then tore all my organizational bins apart looking for them.

Anyone know exactly what type of filters they are and whether there is a way to get replacements without ordering all the way from China? My water one probs needs to be switched out.

not sure who it was, but someone posted some fish tank filter stuff in this thread that seems to be like the material used in the water filter

So... in the process of unpacking my apartment, I appear to have lost the spare filters (both water and air) that came with the Guru. Thought it was with my VinylFlat stuff and then tore all my organizational bins apart looking for them.

Anyone know exactly what type of filters they are and whether there is a way to get replacements without ordering all the way from China? My water one probs needs to be switched out.
This stuff is pretty similar to the filter material used in the water tank 'spout' (and basically a lifetime supply!): I've been using it with a DIY pourback/filter process and it works very well.

I bookmarked this to grab when I start to get low, I think this is similar?? Thoughts anyone?

Aquarium Filter Pad - Premium True Dual Density Aquarium Filter Media Roll for Crystal Clear Water Amazon product ASIN B01AHIOM8A

Unintended consequence of tinkering so much with taking the machine apart is that I have lost one of the rubber pads on the feet.

I tried to find a replacement set at the hardware store, but methinks these are some special metric size like 10mm that I'll need to bug Jeff Bezos for.

Unintended consequence of tinkering so much with taking the machine apart is that I have lost one of the rubber pads on the feet.

I tried to find a replacement set at the hardware store, but methinks these are some special metric size like 10mm that I'll need to bug Jeff Bezos for.
try some vibration-reducing isolation feet. I've heard they really improve the cleaning on the midrange.

HG did a nice job, but classical music is definitely the reason CDs and high-res exist. The demands on dynamic range are just beyond vinyl as a format.

edit: it's still fun to listen to The Planets on wax, though.

Last edited:
HG did a nice job, but classical music is definitely the reason CDs and high-res exist. The demands on dynamic range are just beyond vinyl as a format.

edit: it's still fun to listen to The Planets on wax, though.

I just bought an OG Japanese pressing of a performance of Beethovens’s 5th that I have on SACD. It’s hands down the best recording I own on any format so I’m interested to see how it sounds on the original 70s vinyl pressing!

I just bought an OG Japanese pressing of a performance of Beethovens’s 5th that I have on SACD. It’s hands down the best recording I own on any format so I’m interested to see how it sounds on the original 70s vinyl pressing!
Honestly, this beat-up old middlebrow copy of Holst's The Planets was still a delight, but the super quiet sections, which are numerous, had a very apparent noise floor.

It's something I listened to a lot at very high volumes as a kid, so I'm used to that bottomless black you get on CDs.

Honestly, this beat-up old middlebrow copy of Holst's The Planets was still a delight, but the super quiet sections, which are numerous, had a very apparent noise floor.

It's something I listened to a lot at very high volumes as a kid, so I'm used to that bottomless black you get on CDs.

To be fair I can’t tell how this pressing is because it’s filthy but it was less than $10 from record city so I thought it’d be fun to compare! I’ll just have to wait for some disk keepers before I clean and play though because I’m completely out of them!

Back