New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Cleaned about 10 records in a row yesterday and didn't even have the water feel warm to the touch. I have a feeling the water temp sensor is a total waste of space unless someone is actively trying to get the water way too hot. In which case, you can't fix stupid. The water will have already done the damage to your vinyl by the time the thermistor trips and shuts the machine off.

Cleaned about 10 records in a row yesterday and didn't even have the water feel warm to the touch. I have a feeling the water temp sensor is a total waste of space unless someone is actively trying to get the water way too hot. In which case, you can't fix stupid. The water will have already done the damage to your vinyl by the time the thermistor trips and shuts the machine off.
I think @Joe Mac is the one who pointed out that the water will get warmer if you're doing multiple ultrasonic washes in a row without drying. I've done that on a few records--ran it through the wet clean cycle twice with problematic records before doing a drying cycle.

otherwise, the water heats up a tiny bit but never really gets warm or hot in my experience. i mostly do the longer auto cycle though.

I think @Joe Mac is the one who pointed out that the water will get warmer if you're doing multiple ultrasonic washes in a row without drying. I've done that on a few records--ran it through the wet clean cycle twice with problematic records before doing a drying cycle.

otherwise, the water heats up a tiny bit but never really gets warm or hot in my experience. i mostly do the longer auto cycle though.

Yes I’ve found it on really dirty second hand ones that I’ve put through 4 wash cycles before a dry. Even more so if you’ve been digging and so 3 or 4 like that in a row.

I’ve still not tripped that sensor though.

I’ve ran mine for like 2 hours straight before and nothing has happened to mine yet

I’ve done more than that when I was crazy cleaning at the start and same. But its not the length of time. If you just do the auto and it’s once cleaning cycles the water cools off again during the drying cycle. It’s the multiple cleaning cycles in a row with no drying cycle rest that really heats the water up.

Hmm maybe I’ll try to test that then. Mine feels like it rests on that piece but maybe mine isn’t…
it's super finnicky, I can hit it without eyeballing it about 60-70% of the time now. also edges that havent been properly cleaned (excess material on the edges) are impossible to get right. I really need to get around to trimming those edges at some point.

it's super finnicky, I can hit it without eyeballing it about 60-70% of the time now. also edges that havent been properly cleaned (excess material on the edges) are impossible to get right. I really need to get around to trimming those edges at some point.
I'll have to try again but had no luck with it! still real whiny for me haha

Ran my original pressing of the Talking Heads’ Speaking in Tongues through the HG tonight and it cleared a bunch of noise I’d assumed was groove wear after several vacuum cleans failed to do much.

Continue to love this little thing.

I have 18 IKEA cubes cleaned, have 2 more to go, then box sets and 7"/10". So far I'm VERY happy with the HG. It's also making me get up from my computer every 15 or so minutes so I'm not sitting all day working without moving!
I agree on the getting up, it's helpful. Records sounding great. I'm through about 12 cubes so far. Have another 15 or so to go, but I've cleaned quite a few of those before listening to things or from new purchases. So dang easy to clean, and my machine is pretty quiet.

I agree on the getting up, it's helpful. Records sounding great. I'm through about 12 cubes so far. Have another 15 or so to go, but I've cleaned quite a few of those before listening to things or from new purchases. So dang easy to clean, and my machine is pretty quiet.
yeah, for me it's the ease of cleaning that would be my #1 recommendation for people on the fence. and it's so small it's easy to to put away and not have sitting out like a lot of the RCM's out there.

so much for that Groovewasher G Sonic from twelve inch...

Groovewasher + G-Sonic

Twelve Inch no longer distributor in Europe​

We have decided to focus on our own line of products and this means Groovewasher products will no longer be available in our web shop. This has been a difficult decision to make as we love their products. We use it every day playing our records.

One of the reasons behind this is due to the challenges with shipping from the US to Europe. High rates and administration, makes it more than difficult to maintain a sound business.

We will continue our good relationship with Groovewasher and support them until a new import setup is in place. Until then, we recommend you to find the Groovewasher products at the following dealers and webshops:

UK - Juno Records - Juno: Vinyl, DJ equipment and studio equipment. Low prices and super-fast delivery.
UK - Walvis - www.walvisproducts.co.uk

DE - VinylNerds - Vinylnerds | | Ein ultimativer Genuss
EU - Amazon - search for it.https://vinylnerds.de

I joined the club. My pre-order arrived yesterday. Very surprised at how fast that arrived. I’m currently using the KAB EV-1 with Chisto solution. I’ve been happy with results, but my family groans and rolls eyes every time I do a batch Can’t wait to try the Humminguru this weekend.

So... in the process of unpacking my apartment, I appear to have lost the spare filters (both water and air) that came with the Guru. Thought it was with my VinylFlat stuff and then tore all my organizational bins apart looking for them.

Anyone know exactly what type of filters they are and whether there is a way to get replacements without ordering all the way from China? My water one probs needs to be switched out.

Back