New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Yeah I find with VG old ones that are really crackling that one or two cleans before the full clean/dry auto really hits the sweet spot. I think I might look into that GrooveWasher G Sonic stuff once their European guy gets some stock.
I have some on the way, this album will probably be my guinea pig when it arrives! I'll keep everyone posted on any improvements.

Came across this video review. He goes on about all the pops and clicks not being removed, but I hear much greater dynamic range after the Humminguru. It’s the first time I’ve heard an actual before and after.

I seriously wonder if some of these reviewers don't understand that the HG can clean, but it can't repair actual damage.

Wait! What?!!!

Next you'll tell me that Sport Edition Jeep I bought cannot adequately protect me from incoming air strikes or anti-personnel mines?!! Come on! It's the SPORT EDITION! It's got to have at least some sort of surface to air capes and up-armor protection. I'll pay extra for the missiles, sure. But it's def capable?!

Oh boy, this is really gonna pose a problem for the upcoming humanitarian tour to warzones I'd planned. It was gonna be me, the jeep, and the Humminguru. I was going to bring audiophile perfection to those caught in the middle of conflicts.

I was hoping to start an audiophiles without borders kind of thing. Really sick of these companies not being able to meet my unrealistic and unreasonable expectations.

Last edited:
Wait! What?!!!

Next you'll tell me that Sport Edition Jeep I bought cannot adequately protect me from incoming air strikes or anti-personnel mines?!! Come on! It's the SPORT EDITION! It's got to have at least some sort of surface to air capes and up-armor protection. I'll pay extra for the missiles, sure. But it's def capable?!

Oh boy, this is really gonna pose a problem for the upcoming humanitarian tour to warzones I'd planned. It was gonna be me, the jeep, and the Humminguru. I was going to bring audiophile perfection to those caught in the middle of conflicts.

I was hoping to start an audiophiles without borders kind of thing. Really sick of these companies not being able to meet my unrealistic and unreasonable expectations.
Hey now, HG put some chalk on a record in a video. All this is on them.

Using a few hours of my time off today to make some headway on my "older" records. These would be categorized as bought in the late 90's/early 00's, opened and played, with high likelihood of fingerprints, paper sleeves, and definitely never cleaned. Considering the staggering value some of these records carry nowadays I found it worthwhile to go ahead and preclean them on the squeaky clean with no distilled rinse and then run them through the HG with just distilled water.

A couple of observations: The preclean leaves behind enough solution on the otherwise dry records to have a noticable wetting effect for the distilled water. Also, now that I am putting dust free records into the machine they are also coming out dust free. Humidity is around 40% today and records are coming out 100% dry as well.

Back