New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Reducing costs to what this group is charging seems impossible compared to that price. This should be interesting.
Hopefully people will trust their gut and go with something that has been around a bit longer. A bundle of that VS and a shitty turntable for less than $300 seems too good to be true.

We'll see if @Hemotep ends up super happy with his toaster or deciding which albums he now can't buy with the $150 he dropped on it.

If nothing else he got a super expensive SpinClean.
I think it would be luck to end up with a spin clean out of this. Odds are it's a scam and nothing will ever ship. But sometimes a little gambling is fun.

It's kind of interesting that it looks like they've sold out of the cleaner except for a couple of the bundles left. I wonder if they'll add more and keep the $$$ flowing or if they'll stay at around this 500 mark.
I’m hoping we’ll find out it’s legit. It’ll be interesting to see.

Took the plunge ('Guru). My unit arrived Aug. 9th, had 3 cleaning sessions since. Pretty happy with the results so far, noticeable difference in some of the older, noisier records.

My routine is a little different, I don't use the dry cycle. Used records I'm flipping get a quick scrub (converted lazy susan with a record mat and a paint pad), 5 minutes in the 'Guru, wipe with a damp microfiber and vacuum with my Record Doctor (thought about selling the RD but I like this setup). Gallon of Publix distilled with 10 drops of GrooveWasher G2 for topping off as needed. Can do 10 records in under an hour. Marathon sessions I'll take a break after 10 or so. Drain and dry at end of day.

Machine runs pretty quiet, keep it in the next room. Closed door don't even hear it and doesn't seem to bother the pup :cool:

Good info from all once again, Cheers.

Last edited:
Back