New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Despite the time delay, they at least seem to have been helpful and responsive for folks here with issues. I hope that they're able to get you up and running soon, and fix some of these deficiencies on newer builds.

Within reason. I give them a bit of slack because as initial investors we are all slightly their product development too, and I like how responsive they are. Me being their engineer and repair technician is beginning to wear a little thin at this point.

Within reason. I give them a bit of slack because as initial investors we are all slightly their product development too, and I like how responsive they are. Me being their engineer and repair technician is beginning to wear a little thin at this point.
Agree. I hope they are successful enough to set up actual repair facilities/official resellers in major markets.

So pushed back today. Asked where the shipping label was (hadn’t had it yet)

• Was told - be patient it will be there next week
  • Once we get it it will take a fortnight to mend the pcbs/gear.
  • Then ship back.

So pushed back with

• Why am I mailing you pcbs and gears to mend when you straight up replaced them for others
  • Another month, at best, on that timeline isn’t good enough, sort it.

So we will see what I hear back yet. I’m not quite as impressed by their engagement and cs as others are, gotta pull their fingers out.

Last edited:
Had a reply from Happywell last night, saying have I any experience in soldering or do I have a friend who could do soldering for me!!
I don't mind doing basic stuff, but draw the line on actually anything more than that.
While yes i have done some soldering in the past, I'm not prepared to do some on a machine that's still in warranty (not to mention I don't own a soldering iron or flex) now waiting on a response from them again

Had a reply from Happywell last night, saying have I any experience in soldering or do I have a friend who could do soldering for me!!
I don't mind doing basic stuff, but draw the line on actually anything more than that.
While yes i have done some soldering in the past, I'm not prepared to do some on a machine that's still in warranty (not to mention I don't own a soldering iron or flex) now waiting on a response from them again
That's fun, maybe respond and ask them if they have any experience with litigation and if not do they have a friend that might?

(cross post from the vinyl storage thread)

For those of us in smaller apartments, sometimes it takes some creativity when it comes to storing vinyl and vinyl supplies. I grabbed a 1x2 on sale from Target and decided to put it in my kitchen to use as an RCM station with my HumminGuru on top, records to be cleaned on the first shelf, and new sleeves, distilled water, etc. on the bottom.

I'm still playing around with the setup but am glad I can leave my RCM out and not have to worry about pulling it out of the closet whenever I want to use it.

51065C38-8400-4AE1-B90C-65D32EA60C82.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe 3-4 months ago, I checked in with you all after losing my ziplock bag of filter / wheel replacements for this thing during my move to Chicago. A couple of you were experimenting with using fish tank filters at the time. However, I held off on ordering up because my turntable has been out of commission.

I should have a functional table by mid-July so I wanted to circle back as someone who hasn't been following this thread.

A) I see some comments about newer Guru's with issues. How are the OG models holding up for people who have been using them regularly? And how long are the wheels lasting?

B) Has there come to be a consensus product / approach to dealing with replacement filters? Because getting a replacement pack appears to cost an arm and a leg when shipping is included. And last time I was using this guy (March), the filter was used to the point of not doing a good job keeping dirth water from leaking out during the re-pour. So I def need some new ones.

A) og owner here and I have not had any issues yet (knock on wood) but I know @Joe Mac recently had some problems and he also had his from the beginning.

B) maybe it's just that I haven't washed a ton of super dirty records but I haven't seen much dirty water at all. I have cleaned over 800 records and am on my last filter, this is what I bought to use moving forward.

They seem a bit different thickness but I plan on cutting two up and using two at once.

A) og owner here and I have not had any issues yet (knock on wood) but I know @Joe Mac recently had some problems and he also had his from the beginning.

B) maybe it's just that I haven't washed a ton of super dirty records but I haven't seen much dirty water at all. I have cleaned over 800 records and am on my last filter, this is what I bought to use moving forward.

They seem a bit different thickness but I plan on cutting two up and using two at once.

Appreciated. Spent today Spring cleaning and making sure I searched every square inch of my 3 room apartment for the filters before giving up. I know they were here so they must have gotten accidentally thrown out when the place was still a mess of boxes.

In regards to "dirty water"-- more just referring to "used water" dripping through the top of the lid around the filter when pouring back into the "tub". But I am still on filter #1 and probably cleaned 40 records (+ sides C/D on plenty) before pausing. In part because of the missing filters, in part because my Rega's grounding cable glitched and in part because I adopted a destructive kitten 😂.

Edit- saw that you're gonna hand cut and double up. Makes sense.

Appreciated. Spent today Spring cleaning and making sure I searched every square inch of my 3 room apartment for the filters before giving up. I know they were here so they must have gotten accidentally thrown out when the place was still a mess of boxes.

In regards to "dirty water"-- more just referring to "used water" dripping through the top of the lid around the filter when pouring back into the "tub". But I am still on filter #1 and probably cleaned 40 records (+ sides C/D on plenty) before pausing. In part because of the missing filters, in part because my Rega's grounding cable glitched and in part because I adopted a destructive kitten 😂.

Edit- saw that you're gonna hand cut and double up. Makes sense.
Yeah, and even hand cut and doubled up you can probably get 100 filters (if not more) out of this roll from Amazon.

I'm not one of those folks going through my entire collection with the HG - only new stuff coming in or records I remember having issues to see if there is improvement.

All the old stuff got wet vac RCM and new stuff still gets the RCM before the HG now.

Any way, I was doing a couple records that came in and decided to throw my old copy of Joni Mitchell's For the Roses, cause I remembered it having a lot of surface noise.

Night and day! Like a new record!

I'm not one of those folks going through my entire collection with the HG - only new stuff coming in or records I remember having issues to see if there is improvement.

All the old stuff got wet vac RCM and new stuff still gets the RCM before the HG now.

Any way, I was doing a couple records that came in and decided to throw my old copy of Joni Mitchell's For the Roses, cause I remembered it having a lot of surface noise.

Night and day! Like a new record!
I have been pretty consistently impressed by how good inexpensive crate finds can sound after a few sessions on the HG.

Back