New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Peel back the rubber feet and then find an appropriately sized Philips head screwdriver. The plastic gets hung up so you will hear a bit of crinkling and crunching the first time, but nothing is attached to the bottom plastic plate that has the feet/legs. Just don't flex too much or it might crack in the middle.

Getting the wire unplugged was the hardest bit. That took a bit of nerve and some fingernails. To be honest I would take the whole board out and unplug one of the adjacent wires before trying the temp sensor wire. For that you just flex the side of the unit enough so that the control panel clears the hole cut in the side and then it's free and clear.
Do the screws actually come out, or do they just loosen and stay there? For the love I can't get them to come out. Having the issue with it not spinning, both during cleaning and drying phases.

OK, thanks. Have a whole toolbox that was my dad's, and can't get one with enough pressure to get them to come out. Feels like they're spinning, but just not coming out. Guess I'll hit the hardware store.
Yeah, they might just spin and spin once loose. I think I had to turn the machine back over and give it a tap or two to get them all the way out. I also went through about 5 screwdrivers to find the right size and shape so I wouldn't strip the screws.

Do the screws actually come out, or do they just loosen and stay there? For the love I can't get them to come out. Having the issue with it not spinning, both during cleaning and drying phases.
Is the drive wheel spinning at all or is it just the cycles refuse to start?

Is the drive wheel spinning at all or is it just the cycles refuse to start?
The wheel isn't spinning. I replaced it, but that part is working fine. Not sure what's causing it not to spin. At first would spin a half inch and then stop, now not spinning at all. Tried the unplug trick you put previously, didn't fix it. Have a message into Humminguru, so I guess I'll wait and see.

The wheel isn't spinning. I replaced it, but that part is working fine. Not sure what's causing it not to spin. At first would spin a half inch and then stop, now not spinning at all. Tried the unplug trick you put previously, didn't fix it. Have a message into Humminguru, so I guess I'll wait and see.
Yeah, that's a different issue than mine. If you unplugged and replugged those wire from the board I doubt that would do anything. Those only go to the temp sensor.

Bummed to see two other people with new issues now...

If you get any clues on how to self remedy let us all know.

Yeah, that's a different issue than mine. If you unplugged and replugged those wire from the board I doubt that would do anything. Those only go to the temp sensor.

Will do, hoping to hear something before too long. Want to get the rest of the collection cleaned, I'm almost to the end.

Just sent them my video now so we will see what they think.

I am about halfway through my goal of cleaning my entire collection. Counting double LP's and boxsets its probably north of 4,000. This thing as been a little workhorse for the past 5-6 months. No issues to speak of yet, but I thought I would share my lifehack for the pieces of vinyl that are smaller than the 12" diameter. (yes I know the felt trick as well)

It's kind of ridiculous, but if you put a pen on the side opposite of the buttons it works like a charm.
View attachment 140061
View attachment 140062

That's great, I'm going to do that next time. I actually just took a clothes drying clip and clipped it on HG and that sort of pushes the record in to sit a bit tighter.

Haven't followed this thread closely but hoping your issue isn't something that pops up widely on other units @Joe Mac

Me too. I’m kinda dubious seeing as the drying cycle is still running but I suppose that may just use less power, who knows. I’ll find out soon enough!
The fan is almost certain to use less power than the ultrasonic transducers.

I have to admit it's a bit of a bummer seeing people run into issues with these, because it's such a gem when it's working properly. I hope these are just teething issues and not the tip of the iceberg.

The fan is almost certain to use less power than the ultrasonic transducers.

I have to admit it's a bit of a bummer seeing people run into issues with these, because it's such a gem when it's working properly. I hope these are just teething issues and not the tip of the iceberg.

For sure and let’s be honest mine is definitely in the hardest worked 10% of machines because I used it pretty heavily for the first 3 months. I am encouraged by how quickly they respond and how engaged they are in trying to solve issues

Back