New Music Friday!

I think it would be cool to do a N&G New Music Friday playlist containing one song from each album listed in the various posts in this thread. We could then share it on social media ect. What do you all think? If you like it, then we'll just need a volunteer curator!

Björk "Fossora" (Art pop; avant-garde; electronica; experimental)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Cool It Down" (Garage punk; garage rock; indie rock; art punk; dance-punk)

Melody's Echo Chamber "Unfold" (Psychedelic rock; neo-psychedelia; dream pop; space rock)

Titus Andronicus "The Will to Live" ("Indie rock)
Definitely looking forward to listening to these today!

EDIT: also this:

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to do a N&G New Music Friday playlist containing one song from each album listed in the various posts in this thread. We could then share it on social media ect. What do you all think? If you like it, then we'll just need a volunteer curator!
I could try.

EDIT: Currently building playlist for today's drops...

EDIT 2: Just constructed one for today's drops. Couldn't find some of the albums on Spotify.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
New Yeah Yeah Yeahs is very good. I think Karen O sounds reinvigorated. Her vocals on every track just sell it for me. I don’t have complaints except that it feels kind slight because of the short length and long wait. I wish there were like two more songs.

I tried out Bjork but haven’t finished it yet. I’m not super deep into her catalog, but I like some stuff.

Titus Andronicus have a new album today apparently. I didn’t enjoy the last two at all. I started to feel like maybe they had kinda lost it for me. But we’ll see

New Yeah Yeah Yeahs is very good. I think Karen O sounds reinvigorated. Her vocals on every track just sell it for me. I don’t have complaints except that it feels kind slight because of the short length and long wait. I wish there were like two more songs.
Agree 💯

I’ve streamed Cool It Down 3 times today.
Love that it’s a tight 32 minutes but the songs still have depth. Karen sounds fantastic! Sometimes more isn’t always better. Hoping there are no issues with the pressing. 🤞🏻

Radar List for 10.7.22

Sun Ra Arkestra – Living Sky
Nnamdi – Please Have a Seat
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava
A.A.Williams – As The Moon Rests
Konjur Collective - Blood In My Eye (A Soul Insurgent Guide)
Open Mike Eagle – a tape called component system with the auto reverse
Broken Bells – Into the Blue
Rockabye Baby! - Lullaby Renditions of Outkast

Last edited:
Back