New Music Friday!

Agreed, I really liked it but it did seem a little long. But most of the tunes were very good.
Now that I've finished it, there were a couple songs on the second half that probably could have been cut an released later by themselves or as a deluxe version of the album, but solid tracks all the way through!

I'm about halfway through Gang of Youths, and loving it so far. I agree with @wokeupnew in that there's some flow issues, but the individual songs have been solid. The opening track hit me real hard.

Agreed, I really liked it but it did seem a little long. But most of the tunes were very good.
I'm listening to again right now and the songs are decent, but there's not many moments of reprieve that Go Farther in Lightness had, not many songs that take a beat. It's a shorter album than GFIL but doesn't feel that way. It feels a daunting listen when every song is like at least 4 and a half minutes long one after another. And the best song on the record is probably the shortest lol.

I’m very interested in the new Gang Of Youths. I really liked Go Farther In Lightness, but I actually think it was also a little too much. There were songs there that could have been cut too honestly. However, I like how indulgent it was.
I agree, it's one of my most spun records, and every time I get to certain songs it makes me remember the biggest drawback of vinyl: no skip.

Finally getting around to the new Beach House. As you guys know, not particularly a fan. However, I like the lazy Pet Shop Boys vibe so far. That being said, if I want to listen to the Pet Shop Boys.... I'll listen to them... :p
Not digging the newest Beach House much. I tried from front to back again and just shut it off halfway through.

Not digging the newest Beach House much. I tried from front to back again and just shut it off halfway through.
So far 7 is the only one from them I actually liked and I didn't like it enough to buy it or listen to it much after the first month. I mean I like Cocteau Twins. On paper, I should like this band. I just either actively dislike things they do or like with this one, just don't care enough.

Melt Yourself Down "Pray For Me I Don’t Fit In" (Jazz, Funk, Avant-Garde, Punk)

On a first pass, it's not my favourite Melt Yourself Down album (that honour goes to their previous album, 100% Yes, which, hilariously, is the only one I don't yet own :ROFLMAO: ) but even my least favourite Melt Yourself Down is great, and I feel like Pray For Me I Don't Fit In is going to be a grower that I look forward to spending further time with.

On a first pass, it's not my favourite Melt Yourself Down album (that honour goes to their previous album, 100% Yes, which, hilariously, is the only one I don't yet own :ROFLMAO: ) but even my least favourite Melt Yourself Down is great, and I feel like Pray For Me I Don't Fit In is going to be a grower that I look forward to spending further time with.
I had pretty much the same impression when listening to it yesterday. I'm sure it'll be a grower.

Back