New Music Friday!

This recent Soundwalk Collective single with Charlotte Gainsbourg, Willem Dafoe, and Atom™ got me looking forward to hearing more...

🤖💗
JUpi.gif

Ooooh, I love Charlotte.

Not sure if y'all got this email:
To celebrate the release of their new album, LIFE ON EARTH, Alynda Segarra, aka Hurray for the Riff Raff is participating in an NPR Music Listening Event stream of the album today at 2pm ET, along with an interview with host Ann Powers; writer, activist, and Life on Earth inspiration adrienne maree brown. You can listen here listeningparty.nprpresents.org

Not sure if y'all got this email:
To celebrate the release of their new album, LIFE ON EARTH, Alynda Segarra, aka Hurray for the Riff Raff is participating in an NPR Music Listening Event stream of the album today at 2pm ET, along with an interview with host Ann Powers; writer, activist, and Life on Earth inspiration adrienne maree brown. You can listen here listeningparty.nprpresents.org
Very good album btw👌

Methyl Ethel's new LP is really good 👍👌
If you're a fan of art pop à la Perfume Genius and 80s pop-leaning electronic music with darker tones, this Aussie project aka Jake Webb is definitely for you!

That's great news, one of the ones I was looking forward to today.

This Big Thief double album keeps revealing more to me the more I listen. It's fantastic mostly. Although, I'm much more connected to the first "disc" (songs 1=10) than I am the second. I think it flows better, even if the flow is purposefully scattered. The disjointedness works. On disc 2, there are a couple of songs right up top that I think are good, but one after the other makes them all stand out less (like Dried Roses, No Reason, Wake Me Up To Drive). None of them are bad songs at all, they just don't give me that wow factor that much of the other songs do. No Reason has been stuck in my head a lot though. I've mostly spent this week with this record, so I'm just now starting to dig more into the big Beach House album. I think I'll have more a grip on how I feel in a few days.

This Big Thief double album keeps revealing more to me the more I listen. It's fantastic mostly. Although, I'm much more connected to the first "disc" (songs 1=10) than I am the second. I think it flows better, even if the flow is purposefully scattered. The disjointedness works. On disc 2, there are a couple of songs right up top that I think are good, but one after the other makes them all stand out less (like Dried Roses, No Reason, Wake Me Up To Drive). None of them are bad songs at all, they just don't give me that wow factor that much of the other songs do. No Reason has been stuck in my head a lot though. I've mostly spent this week with this record, so I'm just now starting to dig more into the big Beach House album. I think I'll have more a grip on how I feel in a few days.
I agree that there are some lesser songs than others, however there’s no outright bad songs or skippable tracks like most of their other albums have. It’s solid, all 20 songs.

I agree that there are some lesser songs than others, however there’s no outright bad songs or skippable tracks like most of their other albums have. It’s solid, all 20 songs.
Yeah that's what is surprising to me. Some of their other albums do have songs I don't care for at all, but even the lesser ones here are pretty good-great. Nothing is bad at all, and yeah I don't skip anything.

Radar List for 2.25.22

Melt Yourself DownPray For Me I Don’t Fit In
Federico AlbaneseBefore and Now Seems Infinite
Binker and MosesFeeding the Machine
Robert GlasperBlack Radio III
Charles GooldRhythm in Contrast
Blue Lab BeatsMotherland Journey
Hamid Al ShaeriThe SLAM! Years 1983-1988
Sole & DJ Pain 1Post American Studies
Luna LiDuality
Arny Margretintertwined EP
K.O.G (Kweku of Ghana)Zone 6, Agege
King JammyKing Jammy Destroys The Virus With Dub
Anne Elise HastingsUnmasking A Confidence Trickster
Swamp DoggI Need A Job… So I Can Buy More Autotune
Roedelius & Story4 Hands

Radar 📡 List for Friday, February 25, 2022:

Kanye West - Donda 2 (Feb 22)
NOBRO - Live Your Thruth Shred Some Gnar (EP) (Feb 23)
Binker and Moses - Feeding The Machine
SASAMI - SQUEEZE
Park Jiha - The Gleam
Basia Bulat - The Garden

Gangs of Youth - angel in realtime
Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point
Guns N' Roses - Hard Skool (EP) 🔫🌹
Scorpions - Rock Believer 🦂

Last edited:
Radar 📡 List for Friday, February 25, 2022:

Kanye West - Donda 2 (Feb 22)
NOBRO - Live Your Thruth Shred Some Gnar (EP) (Feb 23)
Blinker and Moses - Feeding The Machine
SASAMI - SQUEEZE
Park Jiha - The Gleam
Basia Bulat - The Garden

Gangs of Youth - angel in realtime
Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point
Guns N' Roses - Hard Skool (EP) 🔫🌹
Scorpions - Rock Believer 🦂
Don't forget Spiritualized, Tangerine Dream, ADULT. ✌ also *Binker 😉

Last edited:
Back