New Music Friday!

Me neither. Glad I heard it before buying. There was a solid reason they never posted clips of any significance and hyped this up so that all the variant cool colored pressings sold out in a flash - it just isn't all that earth shattering, and if clips had been available beforehand, I am willing to bet pre-orders would not have been so frantic.

I was listening last night to Pharoah's Message From Home - what an amazing, mind blowing record. Then the Floating Points - meandering and repetitive. Pharoah not nearly as strong as he once was, and wandering around mostly.

I suppose some will call it 'ethereal' and 'mesmerizing', but honestly, there are far more important Pharoah Sanders records to spend time with, for me anyways.
I thought there was way too much Floating Points, not enough Pharaoh Sanders.

Oh hmm, not sure if it is signed then. I may have made that up, I guess time will tell. I'm just worried about it arriving defective and no replacements being available since apparently they only pressed as much as was ordered for the colored copy. Can't wait for it to arrive, Paper Castles was a shockingly good sounding pressing so I'm hoping for the same here. Those Germans know how to press a disc
Received this today. Not signed, but otherwise perfect, and beautiful. Matte-finish gatefold with 12x12 booklet, original 5x7 photo, and download coupon. White vinyl looks great. Will have to play it soon!

Received this today. Not signed, but otherwise perfect, and beautiful. Matte-finish gatefold with 12x12 booklet, original 5x7 photo, and download coupon. White vinyl looks great. Will have to play it soon!
Mine somehow hauled ass from Germany and made it to Los Angeles in 6 days and actually arrived on my birthday last Wednesday lol. Very very pleased with the package and it sounds stellar as well! I’m a bit shocked yours isn’t signed? Have you checked inside the gatefold?image.jpg

Mine somehow hauled ass from Germany and made it to Los Angeles in 6 days and actually arrived on my birthday last Wednesday lol. Very very pleased with the package and it sounds stellar as well! I’m a bit shocked yours isn’t signed? Have you checked inside the gatefold?View attachment 93666
Haha! Yes, just checked and indeed it is signed inside the gatefold. Not sure how I missed that with first look. ❤️

Mine somehow hauled ass from Germany and made it to Los Angeles in 6 days and actually arrived on my birthday last Wednesday lol. Very very pleased with the package and it sounds stellar as well! I’m a bit shocked yours isn’t signed? Have you checked inside the gatefold?View attachment 93666
Saw on discogs and then remembered from when I ordered that this limited gatefold version was limited to the number pre-orders placed by December 31, 2020. I wonder how many that was. Oh, and Happy Birthday!

This foot photo couldve very easily ended up in the wrong hands
It's striking in its contrast to the one you received. Trying to figure out if it's more or much less interesting haha. Though somehow I feel certain those are APL's legs/feet!

It's striking in its contrast to the one you received. Trying to figure out if it's more or much less interesting haha. Though somehow I feel certain those are APL's legs/feet!
I kinda like yours more, more personal and mysterious. But I’m growing attached to this old European geezer strolling down to some seemingly German lake, so I guess it all worked out.

Here's my selection of interesting albums released tomorrow, on April 2nd 2021. Happy listening everybody :) 🎧

Ryley Walker (Course in Fable) (Prog-Folk/ Post-Rock/ Guitarist)

Iglooghost (Lei Line Eon) (Experimental Electro/ bubblegam bass/ deconstructed club)

Dry Cleaning (New Long Leg) (Post-Punk)

Major Murphy (Access) (Indie Rock)

Demi Lovato (Dancing with the devil..The Art of starting over) (Pop)

The Drums (Mommy don’t spank us) (Early rarities and remixes) (Indie Pop)

Du Blonde (Homecoming) (Psychedelic / Garage/ Punk Rock/ Pop)

Flock of Dimes (Head of Roses) (Indie Pop with Wye Oak singer)

Kishi Bashi (Emigrant EP) (Indie Pop/ Indie Rock / Electro)

Godspeed You! Black Emperor (G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END!) (Post Rock/ Space Rock/ Experimental Rock/ Drone)

Hey, King! (Hey, King!) (Folk Pop)

La Femme (Paradigmes) (French Synth Pop/ Punk)

Forest Robots (Among a landscape of Spiritual Reckoning) (Ambient)

Elizabeth King (Living in the last days) (Gospel)

The Natvral (Tethers) (Alternative/ Indie)

On my radar 📡 this week 04.02.21:

Flock of Dimes - Head of Roses
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END!
The Drums - Mommy Don't Spank Us
Dry Cleaning - New Long Leg
Kishi Bashi - Emigrant (EP)

So far I'm really enjoying Cha Wa - My People (Single Lock Records)!

“I’ve seen the future of New Orleans music and its name is Cha Wa.” – Paste Magazine

Also excited to check out these albums after hearing a sample:

-Mello Music Group - Bushido

-Hey, King! - Hey, King!

-Christina Vane - Nowhere Sounds Lovely

Back