New Music Friday!

Elizabeth Fraser has returned

We’re very excited to announce the signing of Sun’s Signature, the newest project from vocalist Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins) and percussionist Damon Reece (Massive Attack, Spiritualized). Their 5-song EP will be out physically on June 18th for Record Store Day, with a digital release following a few weeks later in July.

Last edited:
The Wet Leg album rules. It’s fun, immediate, exciting. I’ve already seen it compared to Dry Cleaning, which isn’t super apt. I enjoyed that album okay but I also found it could be kinda boring and little flat. The Wet Leg album is just bursting with funny, interesting energy.
I think it's better than Dry Cleaning and I enjoyed that album!

Great new music day. I enjoyed Wet Leg as well. I was getting pretty sick of hearing the Chaise Longue song on the radio station I listen to a lot, but the rest of the album is a fun listen. Loving both Vince Staples and Billy Woods as far as hip hop goes. I'll probably check out 'Bronco' sometime later if only because I drive a Bronco now.

Enjoying the Daniel Rossen and Romero records so far…

Yeah Daniel Rosen is very good 👍 Reminds me of the earlier days of Grizzly Bear with that raw folk sound. This album is more experimental and/or progressive in style with the multi-instrumentalist dabbing into free-jazz territory even.

I've got to give a shout to Zachary Cale's new one, Skywriting. He doesn't seem to have much of a following here (or anywhere?), because I don't think he's been mentioned since I mentioned him on this thread the last time he had a new release. He seems to be more full band rocking and less contemplative folk, but that's just based upon one listen. I love the guy.

review: Graded on a Curve: Zachary Cale, Skywriting - The Vinyl District

Yeah Daniel Rosen is very good 👍 Reminds me of the earlier days of Grizzly Bear with that raw folk sound. This album is more experimental and/or progressive in style with the multi-instrumentalist dabbing into free-jazz territory even.
It’s certainly getting better each time I listen. Love those kinds of records

We Leg's debut album is worthy of all the hype 🙌 👏 Fun, quirky, witty, charming, catchy and everything in between ❤

Fully agree, I listed to it on the drive to work this morning and loved it!

The Wet Leg album rules. It’s fun, immediate, exciting. I’ve already seen it compared to Dry Cleaning, which isn’t super apt. I enjoyed that album okay but I also found it could be kinda boring and little flat. The Wet Leg album is just bursting with funny, interesting energy.

Can chime in on the praise for Wet Leg.

It's so great.

You said, "Baby, do you want to come home with me?
I've got Buffalo '66 on DVD"
just cracks me up beyond belief!

Not sure what to think of the new River Whyless, its not bad, just not what I want from them. Will have to give it a few listens.

I haven't been driven to try many new albums in recent days. Last week's Grouper, Amber Mark and Sons of Kemet concerts were all wonderful. Some interesting albums I've come across, thankfully.

🔥
  • Billy Woods - Aethiopes [at long last, a hip hop album that has a very good shot at my top50 for '22]
👍
  • Latarnik - Marianna
  • Christian Lee Hutson - Quitters
  • Wet Leg - Wet Leg
  • Jack White - Fear of the Dawn [like a few here, enjoyed this a hell of a lot more than expected]
🤷‍♂️
  • Father John Misty - Chloë and the Next 20th Century [wasn't a fan before, this did not move the needle]
  • Kilo Kish - AMERICAN GURL [budget Charli XCX, I expected a little more than what was presented]
👎

None.​
🤮

None. Q2 off to a decent start from what I've tried.​

I haven't been driven to try many new albums in recent days. Last week's Grouper, Amber Mark and Sons of Kemet concerts were all wonderful. Some interesting albums I've come across, thankfully.

🔥
  • Billy Woods - Aethiopes [at long last, a hip hop album that has a very good shot at my top50 for '22]
👍
  • Latarnik - Marianna
  • Christian Lee Hutson - Quitters
  • Wet Leg - Wet Leg
  • Jack White - Fear of the Dawn [like a few here, enjoyed this a hell of a lot more than expected]
🤷‍♂️
  • Father John Misty - Chloë and the Next 20th Century [wasn't a fan before, this did not move the needle]
  • Kilo Kish - AMERICAN GURL [budget Charli XCX, I expected a little more than what was presented]
👎

None.​
🤮

None. Q2 off to a decent start from what I've tried.​

I haven't really clicked with Billy Woods as hard as some before this, but very much enjoyed this new one. Have it queued for a re-listen on the drive home today, in fact.

I haven't really clicked with Billy Woods as hard as some before this, but very much enjoyed this new one. Have it queued for a re-listen on the drive home today, in fact.
It was given that I would love it as I am a devout follower of woods, but damn the Preservation production is incredible.

Back