New Music Friday!

Taylor and Missy today for me! I've seen some Jay Som and BROCKHAMPTON love as well, what else are you guys checking out today?

Metacritic
NPR's Top 8 Albums Out Today

Going to be checking out new albums from Brockhampton, Missy Elliot, Vic Mensa, Rapsody, Gallant, and Raphael Saadiq, and tracks from Kemba (ft Portugal. The Man), Joey Pecoraro, Tree, Rome Fortune, & Smino.

I'm really liking this new Common album! I'm a big Common fan (BE is one of my all time favorites), but I haven't liked his last two releases. I feel those were angry Common albums and this one is more positively themed haha. I love the low key production and vibe to the entire album and the features from Leon Bridges, Daniel Caesar and BJ the Chicago Kid. Might have to grab this one on vinyl.

Here's my queue for the day. Looking to be a good one!

Albums:
Tool
Ezra Furman
Lana Del Rey
!!!
Black Belt Eagle Scout
Tropical Fuck Storm (missed it last week)
Queen of Jeans (also missed last week)
Any recommendations on things I overlooked.

Singles/EPs:
Bombay Bicycle Club - already listened, really like it!
White Reaper - 3 songs, not sure if that counts as singles or EPs. Either way, I'm excited!

I've only listened to it once through so far, but I'm loving the new album from The Lumineers. A lot of great story telling on this concept album about a family facing the destruction of addiction. I will say having listened to the Game of Thrones soundtrack and loving their contribution, 'Nightshade', it was definitely weird to hear 'Jimmy Sparks'. It has the same exact instrumentals, but different lyrics, I think(?). Anyone else notice that? It's a little weird (though the HuffPost article does shed some light on it). Either way, it's a great album!

I've only listened to it once through so far, but I'm loving the new album from The Lumineers. A lot of great story telling on this concept album about a family facing the destruction of addiction. I will say having listened to the Game of Thrones soundtrack and loving their contribution, 'Nightshade', it was definitely weird to hear 'Jimmy Sparks'. It has the same exact instrumentals, but different lyrics, I think(?). Anyone else notice that? It's a little weird (though the HuffPost article does shed some light on it). Either way, it's a great album!

I want to listen to this but promised myself I'd wait until the Magnolia Record Club edition gets delivered...next month. UGH

I want to listen to this but promised myself I'd wait until the Magnolia Record Club edition gets delivered...next month. UGH
@Djxfactor511 same here. I love this group so much, and the wife does too. So we shall wait for Magnolia to deliver and listen together. I can confidently say...it WILL be worth the wait.

@Djxfactor511 same here. I love this group so much, and the wife does too. So we shall wait for Magnolia to deliver and listen together. I can confidently say...it WILL be worth the wait.

I've never checked Magnolia out before, but that blue looks pretty nice. I haven't picked it up on vinyl from anywhere else so maybe I'll give them a shot.

I've never checked Magnolia out before, but that blue looks pretty nice. I haven't picked it up on vinyl from anywhere else so maybe I'll give them a shot.
I am doing the same. Did a three month subscription just to tickle my fancy. Trying to get a style of music the wife and I can get on the same page with, and "Americana" seems to work. Just got the new Drew Holcomb record and plan on doing a dinner date and music spin tonight. They do a new music discovery section too, which has its appeal.

Really good week for new music. Charli, Jpeg Mafia, Alex Cameron, a new Azealia Banks mixtape, theres some aesthetic or something that makes those 4 link together for me and it was nice to listen to them back to back yesterday. Only getting around to the new Devendra Banhart today and its great so far too, Memorial sounds so much like an early Leonard Cohen track, real highlight.

Back