New Music Friday!

I've never listened to Angel Olsen, but based on all of these great reviews I've gotta check that one out. What else is dropping today?

100% worth your new time. The new album (All Mirrors) is her strongest work in my view - extremely cohesive and the use of string arrangements on some tracks really rounds things out well. This latest effort is definitely going to be way up there on AOTY lists.
Not to diminish her back catalogue, which is equally impressive, but if you're going to start somewhere start with the latest.

I've never listened to Angel Olsen, but based on all of these great reviews I've gotta check that one out. What else is dropping today?
Today is a pretty huge day for alternative rock (plus Danny Brown). Looking forward to listening to: Angel Olsen, as you mentioned, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds- Ghosteen, Danny Brown- U Know What I’m Sayin’?, Wilco- Ode To Joy, DIIV- Deceiver.

Really liking Danny Brown, just started checking out Angel Olson but I like what I've heard so far (only 3 songs in). Anyone know That Dog, I guess they were around in the 90s and just got back together. Their song Old LP was on a playlist friday and I liked it, seemed kind of pop/contemporary but their album goes a bit all over.

Overlooked it last week but I've really been enjoying this new Foals album! People were saying it about GA-20 and I didn't really agree, but I think this one actually does give me a Black Keys vibe.

What's good that's out today? I can't see much. This would be the first Friday in a long time that I don't listen to a new album so please don't make it be Robbie Williams' Christmas album.

Don't forget Record Store day tomorrow!
Indeed. There's no special releases that I want, but my plan is to go to my local store to get at least one album as a show of support (and for fun of it)...it's their first time participating as a certified rsd retailer.

I have a few I'd like but nothing I need. I do the same though, it's more about supporting my local.

For the fun of it though, here's my maybe buy list:
Miles Davis in Tokyo
Record company
The national
U2

Super maybe also might buy:
Steppenwolf
Patsy Cline
Marshall Tucker
The doors
John lee hooker
Sid vicious

Now that we're back into the swing of real releases coming out again, let's get this thread going!

Today is a great day for new music with the Mac Miller, Marcus King and Halsey albums dropping. Plus a surprise drop from Eminem! What else should be on my radar?

Back