New Music Friday!

I feel like I always get far more excited by the idea of a new Jazz Is Dead release than by the actual release themselves. Today's João Donato follows the same pattern. It's not a bad release anyway - just not nearly as exciting as I'd hoped it was going to be.

Appears to be a 2020 release.
Their own Bandcamp page lists it as December 4th, 2020 while the Hausu Mountain Bandcamp page and Spotify list it as May 28th, 2021 so I'm guessing they put it out on their own late last year and got it picked up by the label who put it out last week.

King Buffalo has put out the #1 contender for Album of the Year on my list. And to think this is just the first of 3 albums they conceived while in quarantine. Challenging the release efficiency of King Gizzard. Something about bands that start with King being prolific as hell.

Won't be on my own year-end list, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit, Thanks. Particularly "Grifter" and "Silverfish."

King Buffalo has put out the #1 contender for Album of the Year on my list. And to think this is just the first of 3 albums they conceived while in quarantine. Challenging the release efficiency of King Gizzard. Something about bands that start with King being prolific as hell.

Finished this one just now. Enjoyable enough.

It is as if Tool was fronted by Mark Hoppus.

Back