New Music Friday!

New Beach House EP is fantastic and way better than their double album imho 🤷
It's not really a new EP, more of an extension of OTM. These tracks are B-sides from Once, Twice, Melody recording sessions. The tracks Holiday House and Become really deserved spots. I would have been fine with OTM as a 23 track album instead of 18 :) but I'm greedy when it comes to Beach House.

It's not really a new EP, more of an extension of OTM. These tracks are B-sides from Once, Twice, Melody recording sessions. The tracks Holiday House and Become really deserved spots. I would have been fine with OTM as a 23 track album instead of 18 :) but I'm greedy when it comes to Beach House.
I guess you're right, nevertheless I really like this collection of songs!

their reasoning for these songs not making OTM is that they feel a little different and I have to agree with that. a few feel like Devotion era Beach House. You could obviously edit a couple tracks from the EP in place in lieu of some others from OTM but I'm happy to have them all in some capacity.

The new Fires In The Distance album, Air Not Meant For Us, is pretty epic! Beautiful, melodic, progressive metal, with amazing orchestral arrangements throughout. The accompanying piano, along with some strings, chunky, plodding riffs, and some soaring guitar solos make this a standout RBF for sure 🤘

Radar List 2023/05/05
Specimens - Power Pain Privilege [FTR13LP] (Electronic)
Wave Temples - Panama Shift [NNF395] (Electronic)
ALVA NOTO - Kinder der Sonne (From "Komplizen") [N0582] (Electronic)
The Purge Of Tomorrow (Shackleton) - The Other Side Of Devastation [MOM041] (Electronic)
ANDREA BELFI - Eternally Frozen [MDR65] (Electronic)
Dave Lombardo - Rites Of Percussion [IPC265LP2] (Pop/Rock)
Kevin Drumm - Battering Rams [ASM05LP] (Electronic)
Hania Rani - On Giacometti [GONDLP059] (Neo-classical / Classical / Orchestral)
Peter Zummo - Deep Drive 2 + [UOH007] (Experimental / Avant-garde / Sound Art / Field)
Loud As Giants - Empty Homes [SOUL0192LP] (Shoegaze / Post-Rock / Math / Experimental Indie)
De Leon - De Leon [MANA19] (Electronic / Electro / IDM / EBM)
Murmer - Tether [HMS 070] (Experimental / Avant-garde / Sound Art / Field)
Lars Bartkuhn - Dystopia [RHM 042] (Ambient / Downtempo / Dreampop)

Radar List 2023/05/05
Specimens - Power Pain Privilege [FTR13LP] (Electronic)
Wave Temples - Panama Shift [NNF395] (Electronic)
ALVA NOTO - Kinder der Sonne (From "Komplizen") [N0582] (Electronic)
The Purge Of Tomorrow (Shackleton) - The Other Side Of Devastation [MOM041] (Electronic)
ANDREA BELFI - Eternally Frozen [MDR65] (Electronic)
Dave Lombardo - Rites Of Percussion [IPC265LP2] (Pop/Rock)
Kevin Drumm - Battering Rams [ASM05LP] (Electronic)
Hania Rani - On Giacometti [GONDLP059] (Neo-classical / Classical / Orchestral)
Peter Zummo - Deep Drive 2 + [UOH007] (Experimental / Avant-garde / Sound Art / Field)
Loud As Giants - Empty Homes [SOUL0192LP] (Shoegaze / Post-Rock / Math / Experimental Indie)
De Leon - De Leon [MANA19] (Electronic / Electro / IDM / EBM)
Murmer - Tether [HMS 070] (Experimental / Avant-garde / Sound Art / Field)
Lars Bartkuhn - Dystopia [RHM 042] (Ambient / Downtempo / Dreampop)
I think that Hania Rani came out in February, unless this is a different version. I love her music, so I hope this is even more music from her!

Back