Ric Wilson & Terrace Martin - They Call Me Disco
Daedelus - What Wands Won't Break
Jamo Gang - Walking With Lions
Deau Eyes - Let It Leave
Modern Studies - The Weight of the Sun
Eve Owen - Don't Let The Ink Dry
T. Gowdy - Therapy With Colour
Choir Boy - Gathering Swans

Thanks as always for the list and I'll add...
(Electronic)
Black Taffy - Opal Wand
Brock Berrigan - Utah
(Metal)
Forming the Void - Reverie

This album delivers, I'm loving it.
This album is everything I was hoping it would be and then some! It perfectly blends the shoegaze-esque sounds of their debut "Hearts" and the micro electronic pop of "Chiaroscuro" with layers of beautiful atmospherics that reveals itself upon multiple listens. 🙌

I've got next week off, so lots of yard work and good tunes abound! Going through my various sources, looks like a good week:

White Denim
Mogwai
O'Brother
I Break Horses
Whatever else I dig on NPR's playlist.

Backlog:
Caleb Landry Jones
Dope Body
The Used
Editors
R.A.P. Ferreira
Higher Power
Thick
Loathe
Black Foxxes
Yves Tumor

Crazy release day today! Over 30 albums to check out:

Charlie XCX - How I'm Feeling Now
Future - High Off Life
Perfume Genius _ Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
Moses Sumney - græ
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - Reunions
Conway - No One Mourns The Wicked
Sparks - A Steady Drip, Drip, Drip
Kaitlin Aurelia Smith - The Mosaic of Transformation
Thao & The Get Down Stay Down -Temple
Nick Hakim - WILL THIS MAKE ME GOOD
Porcelain Raft - Come Rain
The Magic Gang - Death Of The Party
Hanni El Khatib - FLIGHT
Alma - Have You Seen Her?
Vale-Smith - Are You Sick Of Being Unlucky?
Jess Williamson - Sorceress
Jerry Paper - Abracadabra
The Dears - Lovers Rock
Mourning [A] BLKstar - The Cycle
Eto - The Beauty Of It
Polo G - The GOAT
Sheff G - One and Only
Chemtrails - The Peculiar Smell of the Inevitable
Retirement Party - Runaway Dog
Rose City Band - Summerlong
Chuck Prophet - The Land That Time Forgot
Winter - Endless Space (Between You & I)
Sex Swing- Type 2
Bloods - Seattle
King Buzzo - Gift of Sacrifice
I'm Glad It's You - Every Sun, Every Moon
Maita - Best Wishes
Dinosaur - To The Earth
Sleaford Mods -All That Glue

I'm planning on starting with these:

Moses Sumney - Grae
Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now
Noah Cyrus - The End of Everything
And I guess I'll check out this Future album, though he's not usually for me unless it's a feature haha

I'm planning on starting with these:

Moses Sumney - Grae
Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now
Noah Cyrus - The End of Everything
And I guess I'll check out this Future album, though he's not usually for me unless it's a feature haha

As a fellow Pop Tart - can I suggest a few pop-tart adjacent albums? Perfume Genius and Thao and the Get Down Stay Down. Thao is from the northern VA area. I think you'd dig them both.

Updates:

Moses Sumney - Grae. This album is great and seems like the kind of album that will continue to grow on me over time.

Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now. Good enough to warrant more listens, but I'm not usually a big Charli fan.

Noah Cyrus - The End of Everything. This one too was good enough to earn some more listens. The whole reason this was on my radar was because of this song with Leon Bridges:

I was disappointed to see she included a version without Leon. The album version is good too, but the Leon version is great. I don't know what it is about this song but man it moves me and is just heart wrenching; I can feel the emotion in her voice. I can (and have) listened to that song on repeat for periods of time I don't want to admit to haha

@Teeeee I really like that Thao and the Get Down Stay Down album, definitely going to be listening to that one more. Thanks for the rec! I'm going to preface this next statement with a bit of a story(?) haha whenever I recommend music to someone I always tell them to tell me the truth about whether or not they like it, as opposed to thinking it would upset me if they told me they didn't like something I recommended. That way I know not to recommend that type of music to them anymore and so they know I understand everyone's music tastes are different. That's one of the things that makes music so great. So taking that mentality, honestly, Perfume Genius just isn't for me. I've never really been able to get into them and this album didn't really grab me either. Glad you're liking it though!

Updates:

Moses Sumney - Grae. This album is great and seems like the kind of album that will continue to grow on me over time.

Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now. Good enough to warrant more listens, but I'm not usually a big Charli fan.

Noah Cyrus - The End of Everything. This one too was good enough to earn some more listens. The whole reason this was on my radar was because of this song with Leon Bridges:

I was disappointed to see she included a version without Leon. The album version is good too, but the Leon version is great. I don't know what it is about this song but man it moves me and is just heart wrenching; I can feel the emotion in her voice. I can (and have) listened to that song on repeat for periods of time I don't want to admit to haha

@Teeeee I really like that Thao and the Get Down Stay Down album, definitely going to be listening to that one more. Thanks for the rec! I'm going to preface this next statement with a bit of a story(?) haha whenever I recommend music to someone I always tell them to tell me the truth about whether or not they like it, as opposed to thinking it would upset me if they told me they didn't like something I recommended. That way I know not to recommend that type of music to them anymore and so they know I understand everyone's music tastes are different. That's one of the things that makes music so great. So taking that mentality, honestly, Perfume Genius just isn't for me. I've never really been able to get into them and this album didn't really grab me either. Glad you're liking it though!

That's what is so great about music - there is something for everyone! And you don't have to like it all.

This Thao album is pretty darn cool. There is more of an edge to it than her previous albums. I'm getting HUGE Blonde Redhead vibes. With a splash of YYYs.

At least I went 1 for 2. :)

That's what is so great about music - there is something for everyone! And you don't have to like it all.

This Thao album is pretty darn cool. There is more of an edge to it than her previous albums. I'm getting HUGE Blonde Redhead vibes. With a splash of YYYs.

At least I went 1 for 2. :)

Exactly!haha and yeah, I like it a lot. During one of the first two tracks I got a crazy Beastie Boys vibe for a second haha I think that speaks to that edge. I know the styles are very different, but something had me thinking Beasties

Exactly!haha and yeah, I like it a lot. During one of the first two tracks I got a crazy Beastie Boys vibe for a second haha I think that speaks to that edge. I know the styles are very different, but something had me thinking Beasties
Well, if we are ever allowed to go to shows again and she comes to DC, perhaps we should go.

In 2036. ;)

Vale-Smith - Are You Sick Of Being Unlucky? has been the standout new artist find in @Tj. list. I've listened to that album a couple of times now and it's really good. Dinosaur and Jess Williamson on the docket to check out properly next. I skim through the list listening to 20 second snippets of each album and anything that piques my interest gets set aside to listen in full.

Vale-Smith - Are You Sick Of Being Unlucky? has been the standout new artist find in @Tj. list. I've listened to that album a couple of times now and it's really good. Dinosaur and Jess Williamson on the docket to check out properly next. I skim through the list listening to 20 second snippets of each album and anything that piques my interest gets set aside to listen in full.
I use a similar method when making the list, mostly just quickly sampling the singles for anything that sounds interesting or promising. I really like that Vale-Smith too, that Jess Williamson album has some amazing moments on it, and I enjoyed that Dinosaur album on first listen yesterday. My personal favorite discovery has been Sex Swing, it's noisy and loud and melts my brain.

Back