New Music Friday!

Tried out the new MUNA album because of their association with The Phoebs and it's totally not my thing. It's funny that I was excited because the song Phoebe is on was really good and I was expecting the rest of the album to be similar. I just can't do that much auto-tune and it's just a little bit too pop for my liking.

So here's my selection for tomorrow, Friday June 24th 2022. Happy listening everybody 😊🎶

Wolf Alice "Blue Lullaby EP" (Alternative rock; indie rock; shoegaze; dream pop; folk)

Soccer Mommy "Sometimes, Forever" (Indie Rock Pop)

Westside Gunn "PEACE "FLY" GOD" (Hip Hop)

Porcupine Tree "Closure / Continuation" (Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock)

Conan Gray "Superache" (Pop; indie pop; acoustic pop; bedroom pop)

Zola Jesus "Arkhon" (Synth-pop; dark wave; art pop; hypnagogic pop; industrial)

The Brian Jonestown Massacre "Fire Doesn't Grow on Trees" (Psychedelic rock; garage rock; shoegaze; neo-psychedelia; folk rock; blues)

Regina Spektor "Home, Before and After" (Anti-folk, indie-pop, alternative rock)

Empress Of "Save me EP" (Dream pop; alternative R&B; synth-pop; electronica; experimental)

Art D'Ecco "After The Head Rush" (Glam Rock)

Petrol Girls "Baby" (Hardcore punk; post-hardcore; riot grrrl)

Arthur Brown "Long Long Road" (Rock)

Amber Dregs "skycharm" (Electronic, Dance)

Automatic "Excess" (Garage Pop, Retrofuturism)

Martin Courtney "Magic Sign" (Indie rock; psychedelic rock; surf rock)

Alexisonfire "Otherness" (Post-Hardcore, Screamo, Melodic Hardcore, Metalcore)

Joan Shelley "The Spur" (Folk)

Giveon "Give or Take" (R&B, Soul)

Damien Jurado "Reggae Film Star" (Indie Rock)

MUNA "MUNA" (indie pop; synth-pop; electropop; dark pop; power pop)

Lupe Fiasco "Drill Music In Zion" (Hip Hop)
@Bluecloud777 I'm in awe of your dedication to actually listen to all this new music every week. But more importantly, thank you for noting the music genres of these albums, as it's an amazing way for me to check out some artists I've never heard of, but generally love the genre.

@Bluecloud777 I'm in awe of your dedication to actually listen to all this new music every week. But more importantly, thank you for noting the music genres of these albums, as it's an amazing way for me to check out some artists I've never heard of, but generally love the genre.
Ditto.

Also because of your labels, I figured out that I really like art rock.

no mention of goose's dripfield yet?

halfway thru first listen and it's sounding really, really good
I was most excited for this one. I do like it a lot, but I haven't listened to it in one full sitting yet. I enjoyed their last one too. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer the live stuff. But their studio stuff is surprisingly great. And I could see this one having some crossover appeal.

I also am really enjoying the new Regina Spektor. I didn't pay much attention to her last record, but I loved all the ones before. This new one hits the spot.

I also forgot there was a new Soccer Mommy. I've kinda fallen off on her tbh. But I'll give it a shot.

Wolf Alice released their Lullaby versions of Blue Weekend songs EP yesterday. Blue Weekend was my favorite album of last year, and this works as a nice addition. The songs are basically acoustic renditions of five album tracks. There are some great differences on a couple of the songs. Turning How Can I Make It Ok? into a totally mellow song that still feels like a groove is interesting. But doing the simple ballad of No Hard Feelings to an even sparser song is a little unnecessary. Feeling Myself - one of the best deep cuts on the record - has a very different atmosphere as an acoustic song. It’s not a revelation as an EP or anything, but I like having these alt versions.

This new Regina Spektor album is fantastic after two full listens through! Look for Home, before and after on my upcoming mid-year list. Several tracks are also strong contenders to make it on to my favorite-songs-of-the-year list at year's end.
View attachment 143700

"Up The Mountain" and "Loveology" are particularly big hits with me.

Radar 📡 List July 2022

July 1st

*Conjurer - Páthos (Sludge, Post-Metal, Hardcore)
Guided By Voices - Tremblers And Goggles By Rank (Indie Rock)
Gwenno - Tresor (Experimental Electronic, Alternative)
Moor Mother - Jazz Codes (Free Jazz, Afrofuturism)

July 8th

Catarina Barbieri - Spirit Exit (Experimental Electronic/Ambient)
Flowertown - Half Yesterday (Dream Pop, Alternative)
Hiroe - Wrought (Post Rock/Metal, Shoegaze)
Katy J Pearson - Sound Of The Morning (Alternative)
Tumi Mogorosi - Group Theory: Black Music (Modal, Spiritual Jazz)
Wormrot - Hiss (Grindcore)

July 15th

black midi - Hellfire (Post-Punk, Alternative)
Goon - Hour Of Green Everything (Alternative)
Haunt - Windows Of Your Heart (Heavy Metal, Thrash)
Inhuman Condition - Fearsick (Thrash/Death Metal)

July 22nd

Rico Nasty - Las Ruinas (Rap, Hip-Hop)
Ty Segall - "Hello, Hi" (Garage Rock, Alternative)

July 29th

Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE Act 1 (R&B, Dance)
*Chat Pile - God's Country (Sludge, Hardcore, Industrial, Noise)
Ithaca - They Fear Us (Hardcore)
Maggie Rogers - Surrender (Folk pop/rock, Americana, Folktronica)
Murder By Death - Spell/Bound (Americana, Gothic, Indie Folk)
NAV - Demons Protected By Angels (Rap, Hip-Hop)

* Most anticipated for the month

Back