Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

I just got my booster yesterday when I got my physical. I lucked out. My doctors office just got in and started offering the covid vaccine for the first time on Monday. Previously, you could not get the covid shot through them ever.

I got the new booster.

Like the last two Moderna boosters, my arm is sore, but nowhere near as bad this time. However, I have an odd new side effect today. My scalp is sore. If I run my hand through my hair, my salp at the root of my hair aches / is painful. It's the weirdest thing.
I am curious about getting the Novavax instead of either Pfizer or Moderna. I have heard really great things about it.

I went and caught COVID a couple days before I was due to get my booster shot. Won't need the booster now.

I'm about 4 days in, doing ok. This thing has been making me very tired. Only really upsetting thing is that my taste is all shot. I can still taste things, but it's wrong. I didn't think this was a thing any more. Anyway, hopefully this symptom doesn't last too long.

I went and caught COVID a couple days before I was due to get my booster shot. Won't need the booster now.

I'm about 4 days in, doing ok. This thing has been making me very tired. Only really upsetting thing is that my taste is all shot. I can still taste things, but it's wrong. I didn't think this was a thing any more. Anyway, hopefully this symptom doesn't last too long.

Oh damn, man. Sorry to hear!

So, in case you guys are interested in how this thing progresses in someone that's vaccinated (5 shots total, last booster a year ago - get your boosters folks). I'm on day 5 and turning a massive corner. The brain fog is lifted almost back to normal today - had about 2 and a half days of that. Low grade fever is gone with it and so are the migraines. Body aches too. Some other symptoms I won't mention as well. This is completely different than when I experienced a bad flu - the symptoms regressed much more gradually then. This hit hard and lifted hard.

My wife and daughter remain symptom-free (knock on wood) - whether that's because I isolated quickly enough - I've been living in the man cave and masking in the rest of the house (doubtful because I only isolated on day 3 when I realized I had COVID from the lost of taste, followed by a very positive home test), they already got COVID (quite possible with one at school and the other in a health care setting) or my previous vaccination making my transmissibility worst, so far so good.

I'm also really grateful for a great sick leave plan and great bosses. I took the last three days off using my bank of sick days, no questions asked. Will probably take tomorrow as well.

Last edited:
Got my booster & flu shots yesterday. This is my first experience with a Moderna shot. My Pfizer shots have all been pretty mild but this one is really kicking my ass. My whole body hurts.

I had the same experience. My first two doses wer Pfizer and pretty mild. My first 2 boosters were Moderna and they really kicked my ass. Whole body aches and what not.

Not sure who made the booster I had this fall, it was the newly released one. My reaction was somewhere in between Pfizer and Moderna.

Got my booster & flu shots yesterday. This is my first experience with a Moderna shot. My Pfizer shots have all been pretty mild but this one is really kicking my ass. My whole body hurts.

My first two and booster were Moderna, and after that second dose and booster I was useless for a day. The last two (both coming after getting covid last summer) have been Pfizer and I got them with a flu shot and only had sore arms. 🤷

I was the complete opposite. First three were Moderna, my latest booster last month was Pfizer. No reaction at all this last time, but chills and body aches from Moderna. I recall reading that the "payload" in the Moderna shot is exponentially higher than Pfizer's.

When my husband and I caught Covid in July 2022, his case was much more severe than mine. I had a minor sore throat and headache. He's only had Pfizer vaccines.

My first Moderna numbed my arm where I got the shot. Floored my pregnant wife at the time. Booster Moderna took me down a whole weekend with covid-like symptoms. Third shot was Pfizer and it felt like a mild cold. I had Covid a year ago, last Christmas. And I somehow failed to get a booster since then. So I'm really behind on my Covid vaccine.
I did get a Flu shot in April, but that didn't do anything on me.

My first Moderna numbed my arm where I got the shot. Floored my pregnant wife at the time. Booster Moderna took me down a whole weekend with covid-like symptoms. Third shot was Pfizer and it felt like a mild cold. I had Covid a year ago, last Christmas. And I somehow failed to get a booster since then. So I'm really behind on my Covid vaccine.
I did get a Flu shot in April, but that didn't do anything on me.
My first booster was in Nov '21. I kept meaning to schedule another, then we caught Covid in July '22. At my annual physical in Oct. '22, my dr. ran a covid antibodies test, and my result was literally off the chart. (Some doctors don't believe that test is accurate or has any meaning) I felt that I was well protected so kept putting of a second booster until I finally went last month, which was over 2 years from my last shot. (with a bout of very mild covid in between)

As someone somewhat immunocompromised, my immunologist did not want me to have multiple vaccines together. So, I had my flu shot in Oct., Covid booster in Nov and Shingles dose 1 in Dec. I am still going through monthly allergy shots, so I had to work all of those around them as well.

Shingles vax seemed to make my arm the most sore, lasting about 3-4 days. No issues with any of the other shots. The tech who did my shingrix told me that it's the second dose that can knock you on your ass - fever, pain and fatigue, so I'm certainly not looking forward to that.

I've had them all, and if you think Moderna is bad, man that Astra-Zeneca. That was my first shot of all and it took me out for two days. Moderna has definitely hit harder than Pfizer, but only one of the two Moderna boosters did that. The two Pfizers I had were just like flu shots for me... a bit of arm pain depending on how good the nurse was and otherwise nothing.

I've tested positive for COVID.
My 2.5 year old started with a fever and runny nose on the 31st. The 1st he kept up with the mild cold symptoms. Yesterday my 10 month old started with a fever. Today she started with a runny nose. Last night I went to bed with an itch in my throat. Today I woke up with mild cold symptoms. So I went to get a nose swab thinking I'd test positive for rhinovirus (common cold). Nope, tested positive for Covid.
I'm feeling ok, just worried about my family who hopefully will just have the same mild symptoms as I do.
Last time I got covid was Christmas 2022. So it's almost a year to the date.
Wear your masks in public and keep an eye out for even the smallest symptoms. Stay safe.

Back