Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

And the next case will be found in New York...
Or every where else they have large international air travel hubs, because it's the world travelers that are spreading this.
Biggest chance is this is already been going around for a couple of weeks without anyone looking for this. One of the cases they found in germany was in a man who had not travelled internationally nor had any known contacts with someone who had

Atlanta's on that list... huzzah...

Isn’t Atlanta a huge transit hub? Whenever we have non direct flights to the South/South West of the states from Europe it seems that we transit in Atlanta.

Biggest chance is this is already been going around for a couple of weeks without anyone looking for this. One of the cases they found in germany was in a man who had not travelled internationally nor had any known contacts with someone who had

It’s also, it seems, been around longer than we think. Our people seem to have identified 14 potentials so far but 3 of those potentials date back to October.

Given the unusual set of mutations and the fact that Omicron appears to be on a divergent path from viruses circulating over a year ago and not from recent variants, several biologists think that it may come from an animal reservoir. Most likely rodents, based on the set of mutations. The theory would be that a reverse-zoonosis occurred mid-2020, the virus evolved in the animal host, and a new zoonosis occurred recently. It may however be a while before either this theory can be further supported or whether it can be ascertained that Omicron came up in immunocompromised individuals as is often the case for variants.

Anyway, this is interesting. At the very least, it underscores how seriously findings like the white-tailed deer SARSCOV2 reservoir I posted here earlier should be taken.

St. Petersburg, Florida (CNN)As Florida Republicans, led by Gov. Ron DeSantis, escalate their fight against President Joe Biden's coronavirus vaccine mandate, they are testing a new method to support resisters: giving taxpayer money to the unvaccinated.

Florida is one of a handful of states that now ensures people who refuse the shot remain eligible for unemployment benefits if they lose their job over their stance.

And DeSantis, one of the leading Republican voices against federal vaccine requirements, wants to go even further. He says his state may pay the fines of businesses that snub the federal vaccine mandate -- and he'll do it with coronavirus relief aid signed into law by Biden.

"This is an important fight," DeSantis recently told business leaders. "And it's a fight we're happy to join."

So FL will pay the fine the federal government applies to any business who doesn't follow the vaccination mandate. Also give unemployment to anyone who loses their job for not getting the vaccination.

SMH

You're eligible 6 months after your second shot, unless you did J&J, then you are basically immediately approved for a booster (it's 2 months after your J&J shot). I am waiting until January.

In MA I think there is also a requirement that you must be working in an office environment or with the public. They haven't fully opened the door for all people who meet the above requirements yet here. Working 100% remotely I'm not sure if I qualify or not.

My local CVS was accepting everyone as long as you made an appointment.
I can't get mine at CVS as CVS is no longer in-network with United Healthcare. Like the flu-shot it just comes up as "not covered" when CVS tries to run it through their system and won't provide the shot.

I'm going to have to see if Walmart or Costco provide it. My doctors office is not providing them, but the medical group might be doing evening appointments at urgent care centers again for booster shoots like they did most of this year for the first round of shots. I can book an appointment via my patient portal for that, but it's pushed out until january for availability.

So like you @nolalady , I think I'm waiting until at least January to get mine.

What a week... (Sorry this is going to be long) Last week my son had a stuffy nose and a slight cough but no fever. We didn't think anything of it. On Thanksgiving night I had a sore throat that was gone the next morning but a little congestions and cough. Again, didn't think anything of it because I get the same exact cold every year like clockwork. Monday my wife got a stuffy nose and decided she better go get a rapid test before she returns to work on Tuesday. Results: Positive! They said that was the first person with a booster that tested positive at that site. Because me and my son had cold symptoms over the weekend we were considered assumed cases. Now, we had been around a ton of friends and family over the weekend so telling everyone was fun. So we've been home quarantining all week. In the meantime, both sets of parents tested negative, none of our friends we saw over the weekend had a single symptom. We called my son's pre-school and they wanted him to get a COVID test to see when he can return. So we got him tested today...Negative! So me and my wife went and got at home tests...just to see. Both of us tested negative. We are now very confused. We don't know if she got a false positive or what. It's apparently very rare. She also got a PCR test at the same time as the rapid but they never sent it out! We also have a daughter that has no symptoms at all. Very COVID confused right now!

Edit: Also had my bother and his family staying with us over Thanksgiving. My brother had a cough the day he left but he tested negative. No one else in his family has symptoms either.

What a week... (Sorry this is going to be long) Last week my son had a stuffy nose and a slight cough but no fever. We didn't think anything of it. On Thanksgiving night I had a sore throat that was gone the next morning but a little congestions and cough. Again, didn't think anything of it because I get the same exact cold every year like clockwork. Monday my wife got a stuffy nose and decided she better go get a rapid test before she returns to work on Tuesday. Results: Positive! They said that was the first person with a booster that tested positive at that site. Because me and my son had cold symptoms over the weekend we were considered assumed cases. Now, we had been around a ton of friends and family over the weekend so telling everyone was fun. So we've been home quarantining all week. In the meantime, both sets of parents tested negative, none of our friends we saw over the weekend had a single symptom. We called my son's pre-school and they wanted him to get a COVID test to see when he can return. So we got him tested today...Negative! So me and my wife went and got at home tests...just to see. Both of us tested negative. We are now very confused. We don't know if she got a false positive or what. It's apparently very rare. She also got a PCR test at the same time as the rapid but they never sent it out! We also have a daughter that has no symptoms at all. Very COVID confused right now!

Edit: Also had my bother and his family staying with us over Thanksgiving. My brother had a cough the day he left but he tested negative. No one else in his family has symptoms either.

Wow, how confusing! Sounds like either a false positive (maybe human error?) or you guys have just already recovered, given the vaccination. No way to get your wife tested again? I wouldn’t know what to think either.

Wow, how confusing! Sounds like either a false positive (maybe human error?) or you guys have just already recovered, given the vaccination. No way to get your wife tested again? I wouldn’t know what to think either.
She actually just left to get another rapid test and if that comes back negative will get a PCR test to make sure. Honestly, we're all feeling fine. Our biggest concern is that because my son tested negative his pre-school can't count his cold last week as an assumed case so he would have to be out of school 7 days AFTER my wife's 10 days is up. So with Christmas in there he basically wouldn't be able to return until January. My daughter's school on the other hand said it's up to us when we want to send her back as long as she doesn't have symptoms. (we kept her home this week.)

She actually just left to get another rapid test and if that comes back negative will get a PCR test to make sure. Honestly, we're all feeling fine. Our biggest concern is that because my son tested negative his pre-school can't count his cold last week as an assumed case so he would have to be out of school 7 days AFTER my wife's 10 days is up. So with Christmas in there he basically wouldn't be able to return until January. My daughter's school on the other hand said it's up to us when we want to send her back as long as she doesn't have symptoms. (we kept her home this week.)

Right. We have similar rules here too. something similar happened to my wife’s business partner. Her daughter tested positive last june but the rest of the family was negative. She moved to her parents cottage to shorten the quarantine to 14 days, while her husband stayed behind and had to be out 24.

Looks like my wife's new rapid test was Negative so if the PCR test comes back the same we're good to go. At least I got to work from home for a week.

Looks like my wife's new rapid test was Negative so if the PCR test comes back the same we're good to go. At least I got to work from home for a week.

I had a wildly similar situation in my household last year. Unfortunately, we weren't able to leave in order to get second tests. The county sent a sheriff with a court order requiring quarantine and they came to the house every day for two weeks to be sure we were staying at home. (I don't think they do this now.)

Also, a friend was in the hospital a few months later (unrelated to COVID) and one of the nurses said it's more likely that the positive test got mixed up with someone else's than for it to have been a false positive.

I don't really know what's real. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gotta scratch that booster itch.

Yep… tested negative on Sunday positive on Tuesday. Wife is negative kid not tested. None of us have symptoms. Me not working, my wife and the kid are at the mother in laws. He’s strangling the dog getting on everybody’s nerves. I go in tomorrow to get tested and see if it was a false positive. May get back into work next week. Haven’t got word what that will mean for the kid to go back to school.

Back