Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Most of the developing world hasn’t yet been vaccinated creating fertile mutation grounds for the disease.

The solution? Booster jab for people in the west.

Jesus wept.
Have been talking about this some with my co-worker who is from Botswana. Crazy juxtaposing Florida and Louisiana and Botswana being top covid hotspots. The former two are just a bunch of people who won't get vaccinated (with plenty available at every drugstore for walk-ins) or practice basic safety measures, while Botswana has only recently gotten a very limited supply of vaccines. Several of his extended family and friends have died in the past weeks. At least one of which had just gotten the first shot.

done with another week of work...

each night was worse than the last w/r/t the amount of Covid patients on the unit - and the staffing we have.

The first night the other CNA and I split the floor - we had 20 patients each. I had 4 Covid patients in my group - he had 6.

Night 2 I had a group of 13 patients - 6 w/ covid - 12 on the unit.

Night 3 I had half the floor again, 20 patients...7 w/ covid. 15 positive on the unit.

This is the most we've had on our floor and in the whole hospital since this all started last year. Staff are burned out. And when almost all Covid patients are un-vaccinated you really don't have the compassion for them....which does suck.

One patient was vaccinated early but still got it...and his wife was also positive. Breakthroughs happen, though. But it's at 4%, so we don't see it all that often, as that 4% don't get bad enough to be hospitalized.

Wow, just wow at the associated video and the scenes of conflict at schools across the country with parents over mask mandates.

One of the scenes shows a parent screaming into a mic at a school board meeting. Saying that we are "subjugating our kids to be good little Natzis. Hail Fauci, hail Fauci, hail Fauci."

Last edited:
Wow, just wow at the associated video and the scenes of conflict at schools across the country with parents over mask mandates.

One of the scenes shows a parent screaming into a mic at a school board meeting. Saying that we are "subjugating our kids to be good little Natzis. Hail Fauci, hail Fauci, hail Fauci."

Yeah. I just don't get it. It is obvious that this delta variant is getting more kids sick. And not just sick at home, but hospitalized, with some dying.

I don't know where this shoulder-shrug attitude is coming from when trying to keep all people safe, when masks are known to work. I was thinking it was the alt-right/Q-Anon types...but I think it's gotten a bit more mainstream than that.

done with another week of work...

each night was worse than the last w/r/t the amount of Covid patients on the unit - and the staffing we have.

The first night the other CNA and I split the floor - we had 20 patients each. I had 4 Covid patients in my group - he had 6.

Night 2 I had a group of 13 patients - 6 w/ covid - 12 on the unit.

Night 3 I had half the floor again, 20 patients...7 w/ covid. 15 positive on the unit.

This is the most we've had on our floor and in the whole hospital since this all started last year. Staff are burned out. And when almost all Covid patients are un-vaccinated you really don't have the compassion for them....which does suck.

One patient was vaccinated early but still got it...and his wife was also positive. Breakthroughs happen, though. But it's at 4%, so we don't see it all that often, as that 4% don't get bad enough to be hospitalized.

Thanks for everything you do. Sorry people are so dumb.

Thanks for everything you do. Sorry people are so dumb.

I'm ok with dealing with dumb people and their health. That's pretty much our usual population.

This, though, is a whole different level. It's ignorance and selfish-ness, mixed with oppositional defiance.

In the end, they either want the vaccine when it's too late, or are still believing they don't have Covid and the hospital is in on it, too. Yet they came to the hospital for help and they don't leave AMA (against medical advise), so I don't really know what they are thinking.

There's a special breed of entitled stupid in this state. Remember before how it was all about personal freedom to wear a mask or not wear a mask. Now it's shifted to "you're a sheeple if you wear a mask". I would prosecute the parents as people have to understand there is a line you cannot cross.

I'm trying to stay out of COVID conversations in my "circle", but it's getting harder as the cost is getting greater. Do children really need to start dying in large numbers for maybe a few of these parents and tag-a-longs to get a clue?

I reached a bit of a breaking point yesterday with all of this and had to vent a little, this is what I posted, mostly because of people saying the number of deaths is being hidden because it's so low:

As of late I just bite my tongue and move on, but that's getting harder to do, but here's my 2 cents. From someone who diligently wore a mask, took precautions and so on and STILL got COVID, I can tell you I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger is absolute bullshit. I didn't die, but I did suffer and I'm still suffering. I contracted the virus in January of last year and I'm still suffering from severe muscle and joint pain to the point that I sometimes can't even get to sleep. It effects me every minute of every day..............but I'm not dead. During that time my suffering wasn't my biggest concern, it was the possible suffering of those around me, who may not survive and if they did would most likely have some ongoing effect of the virus. I love my family, I love my children and yes, I'm willing to roll the dice on a lot of things when they ONLY effect me, but this isn't that case is it? When you roll the dice with COVID you're not really rolling the dice for yourself, you're rolling the bones for you and everyone around you. You are 100% entitled to do what you want, but when this thing continues to mutate, continues to spread and eventually causes things to move backwards instead of forward, place the cause in the right place. Some want to lean on the fact that the deaths from COVID aren't being reported because they're so low, but if a death toll is what you need to see, please let me know what an "acceptable" number of deaths is? And does that opinion change if it's YOUR family that's even one of those deaths. One death is one too many when there's a way of avoiding it. Stay safe.

A friend asked if she could repost it, to which I was fine with, if it changes one persons mind I guess it helps. This is the response It got on her post and how entrenched in the kool-aid some people are.

I'll tell you what, you do you and I'll do me. I certainly will never get this experimental drug put in me, as long as we know WE WILL NEVER GET OUR LIVES BACK. Fuck all your virtue signaling wearing you filthy disgusting germ filled face diapers and pretending they make a difference. I fell bad the virus affected you so badly, but I've been laid up for a week before with the flue, and we didn't have vaccine and mask mandates then so why now?????? Answer = government controle over every aspect of our lives. You want to comply? Have at it, but I'll be damned if me or my HEALTHY kids will get the JAB THAT DONT REALLY WORK.

I'm done, I've said I was done before and let the current spike and insanity drag me back in, but it is truly out of my control. I completely buy into not worrying about things you can't change, but inevitably, if things don't change, somethings gonna snap, and then it will be effecting me and everyone else in this country.

It's a terrible feeling to try and ignore and live with.

My Covid situation is getting pretty complex over here.

My mom is in a skilled nursing facility where people are starting to test positive. She was moved into a holding area where they bring in new patients that have had one negative test and they wait there for the next negative test to be moved to a gen pop. It’s risky but she was living in one of the 7 levels of hell in gen pop and wasn’t getting her basic needs taken care of. We feel it safer and more comfortable where she is.

At work I feel the safest students and staff get a Covid test every week, masking for everyone. All staff immunized

At my son’s school...just some simple questions parent can fudge and the follow up is inconsistent from the school if you don’t complete them. No cases so far at his school that we know of, but one other district has 74 students out on quarantine. It’s a complete lack of leadership that they aren’t willing to make a tough decision to have the students and staff tested. The school boards declined the money being offered to support testing. I’m worried to with the recall in CA that the new governor will roll back all the protections and we will turn in to Florida. I seriously think that voting no on the recall will save lives.

I play soccer on Friday nights and also had my son in the on Sunday’s. It’s indoors. The mask policy is not even enforced. I didn’t enroll my son in the classes and I’m thinking about not playing the next season. I’m lucky in that I get payed if I have to quarantine or take cars of a family member, but missing two weeks of work is just too much to deal with.

My friend who I go to soccer games with reacted negatively when I told him the news that we have to go back to masks when attending games. “It’s just the flu.” Then I reminded him that my mom cants see people while she is dying in a skilled nursing facility. That other people’s action have serious affect on other people’s lives. We brushed it off with a joke, but it was concerning.

I'll tell you what, you do you and I'll do me. I certainly will never get this experimental drug put in me, as long as we know WE WILL NEVER GET OUR LIVES BACK. Fuck all your virtue signaling wearing you filthy disgusting germ filled face diapers and pretending they make a difference. I fell bad the virus affected you so badly, but I've been laid up for a week before with the flue, and we didn't have vaccine and mask mandates then so why now?????? Answer = government controle over every aspect of our lives. You want to comply? Have at it, but I'll be damned if me or my HEALTHY kids will get the JAB THAT DONT REALLY WORK.

Oof... that response. Doesn't, like... every device have spell check built into these days? I mean, be ignorant and misinformed all day, but at least spell things properly...

Oof... that response. Doesn't, like... every device have spell check built into these days? I mean, be ignorant and misinformed all day, but at least spell things properly...
That's this type of person getting all lathered up with my post that they just can't express their opinion fast enough or loud enough. I feel so bad that he had to deal with the flu for a whole week.............

Maybe he’s a chimney sweep?

View attachment 109290
I can't seem to find just the right emoji to use on that @Joe Mac ;)

bobsburgers-louise.gif

If nothing else, they're always offering up some head scratching commentary thinking they're being all smart. Another graduate of the Tucker Carlson school of reporting. Read this and just let it sink in a bit. Yes, that's a damn good question Candace............so we should have Medicare for all?? LOL

1629474383969.png

If nothing else, they're always offering up some head scratching commentary thinking they're being all smart. Another graduate of the Tucker Carlson school of reporting. Read this and just let it sink in a bit. Yes, that's a damn good question Candace............so we should have Medicare for all?? LOL

View attachment 109300

The question I always have is if this is about “government control” what are they trying to get you to do?

View attachment 109300

The answer is making the other medications free does not impact the economy with any significance. Covid did, and to protect the investments of millionaires on wall street we make the vaccine free so those with money don't loose money.

Back