Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

French article - discusses a probable case already present in Quebec in December.

-The young woman was sick with COVID-19 symptoms late December. Obviously, the link was only made a few months later when the symptoms became known.
-Several people in her entourage were sick with the same symptoms as well.
-It is now confirmed with serology that she had COVID-19.
-Of course, can't rule out she had the flu in december and then got a no symptom version of COVID-19 later on.
-The expert discusses how not all cases lead to "super spreading" (even though it did spread to people around her). As I noted in the Science article above, COVID-19 on average probably needed to seed itself at least 4 times before it really took hold.

This adds credence to the fact that my family thinks we all got it (as well as people working with my wife) in February and early March, prior to the first official case here on Feb 28. The symptoms we had coincide with mild-medium cases that don't develop lower respiratory issues. The little one had it first coming back from Montreal (severe fatigue and light fever for one day and light cough for several weeks). I had it next (severe fatigue like nothing I've ever experienced and massive body pain for 3-4 days, headache, sore throat, gastro-like symptoms, no cough). My SO was next with a light persistent cough for 2-3 weeks and constant complaints about her "asthma" acting up because she had difficulty breathing (she doesn't have asthma). Her co-workers had the same symptoms as me early March but then we all got isolated. Will be interesting to get our Serology done eventually. We looked into it - private labs charge CDN$200 right now for it. I told my SO we should wait a bit to see how reliable the test is before spending that much (there is only one serological test approved for use in Canada right now), but I think we'll eventually go for it to find out.

Last edited:

This comes after the states supreme court shot down the stay at home order as unconstitutional 2 weeks ago. Everything opened back up with no planning or phases.

This comes after the states supreme court shot down the stay at home order as unconstitutional 2 weeks ago. Everything opened back up with no planning or phases.
That's fine. With freedom comes responsibility. If you don't act responsibly, you suffer consequences. This is how it should work.

That's fine. With freedom comes responsibility. If you don't act responsibly, you suffer consequences. This is how it should work.

But what about the workers that don't have a choice. Their business wants to open back up but they are at high risk. But have no choice but to return to work because they forfeit their unemployment if they turn down the offer to return to work.

I am not worried about the dumb asses not protecting themselves I am worried about those that have to deal with the irresponsible dumb asses.
It’s like vaccinations. I don’t care if you are cool with your kids getting the measles seems irresponsible but to each his or her own, I have an issue when your sick kid spreads their measles to people that can’t get vaccinated due to age or health.

It’s like vaccinations. I don’t care if you are cool with your kids getting the measles seems irresponsible but to each his or her own, I have an issue when your sick kid spreads their measles to people that can’t get vaccinated due to age or health.
It can also spread to people who have been vaccinated. That's why it's so important that everyone gets it, because only collectively is the chance reduced to essentially 0. If lots of kids are exposed to measles, some will get it, even if their parents chose to get them vaccinated.

I just had a hell of a time grocery shopping yesterday.

So far during this pandemic, I have been shopping for a 3 week supply of groceries every time I go out. Nothing crazy as I live by myself.

I went to Market Basket yesterday, and for the first time found they were limiting the quantities of meat I could buy. I couldn't even buy enough for a week worth of dinners and left overs for lunch.

Next I went to BJ's Wholesale. I didn't see any notices about limitations on quantities until I got to the cash register, where there was a notice printed on copy paper. I had 3 packages of chicken and 2 packages of pork and some chicken sausage. They had a limit on 3 units of chicken, 3 units of pork and 3 units of beef. And the sausage apparently counted as a unit of chicken. They told me I could not buy 4 units of chicken and I had to put something back. I got the "shame on you" vibe from the cashier.

The packages of chicken were much smaller than normal for BJ's. It was grocery store size packages and not bulk.

So far during this pandemic, I have been shopping for a 3 week supply of groceries every time I go out. Nothing crazy as I live by myself.

I went to Market Basket yesterday, and for the first time found they were limiting the quantities of meat I could buy. I couldn't even buy enough for a week worth of dinners and left overs for lunch.

Next I went to BJ's Wholesale. I didn't see any notices about limitations on quantities until I got to the cash register, where there was a notice printed on copy paper. I had 3 packages of chicken and 2 packages of pork and some chicken sausage. They had a limit on 3 units of chicken, 3 units of pork and 3 units of beef. And the sausage apparently counted as a unit of chicken. They told me I could not buy 4 units of chicken and I had to put something back. I got the "shame on you" vibe from the cashier.

The packages of chicken were much smaller than normal for BJ's. It was grocery store size packages and not bulk.
Stock up on canned and dry beans and go vegetarian for a bit

There are a lot more farms around me, but have you looked around for local producers?

I went to my local farmer's market and there were a couple farms that had local grass fed beef. I grabbed a couple packages of ground beef and a some soup bones to make a pot of cabbage and beef soup. The guy also had fresh eggs and milk, so I bought some eggs, but I think I'll go and buy milk from him next week. The prices were a bit cheaper than what I would pay for organic grass fed beef in the store.

There are a lot more farms around me, but have you looked around for local producers?

I went to my local farmer's market and there were a couple farms that had local grass fed beef. I grabbed a couple packages of ground beef and a some soup bones to make a pot of cabbage and beef soup. The guy also had fresh eggs and milk, so I bought some eggs, but I think I'll go and buy milk from him next week. The prices were a bit cheaper than what I would pay for organic grass fed beef in the store.

No, there is nothing like that around here.

There is a farmers market in Boston set up on the streets Friday and Saturday at Haymarket. But that has not been going on the past few months due to the pandemic.
That farmers market is not what I would call local. It travels though multiple cities on the east cast. Boston is at the end of the week and a lot of the times the produce is near going bad by then.

No, there is nothing like that around here.

There is a farmers market in Boston set up on the streets Friday and Saturday at Haymarket. But that has not been going on the past few months due to the pandemic.
That farmers market is not what I would call local. It travels though multiple cities on the east cast. Boston is at the end of the week and a lot of the times the produce is near going bad by then.
See that's your problem. You need to live further out in the boonies to get farm stuff. I've been looking at local sources for food production because supply chain disruption is here and it's not going anywhere.

Back