Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

So Canada just added a rapid portable test (less than 1-hr) to its arsenal. Deployment starting today. This should help ramp up testing quite a bit.

Just a few weeks later, much of this information is already out of date, no?
Also, about that first cartoon, I think the emerging data that shows 25-50% of all cases are asymptomatic means that guidance is not aging really well. In a more recent interview, Dale Fisher still doesn't seem to be recommending constant mask use (because of the false sense of security it provides, not because it's useless), but seems to say that you shouldn't be getting into crowded elevators in the first place:

Lessons from Singapore:

Do have a strong government leadership that your rather small and contained population lives in perpetual fear and obedience to.
Do have a natural water border around all sides of your rather small land mass making monitoring and control of it a relatively simple endeavor.
Don't lay claim to success too early!

Just a few weeks later, much of this information is already out of date, no?
Also, about that first cartoon, I think the emerging data that shows 25-50% of all cases are asymptomatic means that guidance is not aging really well. In a more recent interview, Dale Fisher still doesn't seem to be recommending constant mask use (because of the false sense of security it provides, not because it's useless), but seems to say that you shouldn't be getting into crowded elevators in the first place:
PPE use in the general public is ridiculous. Most people are misusing so badly when I’m out and about that I’d just assume they stopped. Masking isn’t really about not getting it but ensuring you don’t spread it. These people walking in the streets with n95s are ridiculous. The Costco employee with his gloved hands in his pockets kills me. The lady who gets out of her car wearing gloves and rummages through her purse. The dude wear gloves at the gas pump who gets in his car starts it up and drives off while still wearing his gloves. These people are basically infecting everything they own with god knows what. Even at the hospital, I had to file a report so I could get the folks in the cafeteria and the gift shops to stop handling everything with the same pair of gloves.

There are now 7,470 cases of COVID-19 in Ontario, with just two days to go before the province expects to be processing 8,000 tests per day.

On Monday, health officials added 421 new cases to Ontario's tally. Of the province's total, 760 patients are being hospitalized and 263 are in an intensive care unit.

CBC News has counted 321 deaths province-wide, based on data collected from local health units across Ontario.

The only silver lining I see here is maybe ticket master and live nation don’t make it the other side.

Back