Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Wednesday is the anniversary of Thatchers death.

What are the odds... ?

If you find that amusing with reference to;

- Another human,
- A parent, including to an unborn child,
- Someone who is undoubtedly in receipt of the best medical care we’ve got and is still at risk, suggesting that the outcome for you are I is no less of a fucking lottery,

I’ll make a mental note that you possess less humanity than the people you so endlessly and tiresomely profess to detest and fervently believe you’re better than.

- Another human,
- Someone who is undoubtedly in receipt of the best medical care we’ve got and is still at risk, suggesting that the outcome for you are I is no less of a fucking lottery,

I’ll make a mental note that you possess less humanity than the people you so endlessly and tiresomely profess to detest and fervently believe you’re better than.

Who said anything about amusing? Just a weird coincidence that date is so close.

- Another human,

Wow. If you can't look at a shitty situation and laugh at it, what do you do? Dwell and fret all day? He didn't wish anyone dead.

Or what @Captainfog said.

I highly advise you never listen to healthcare workers conversations. You might find, while taking our jobs seriously, jokes and sarcasm run rampant.

Who said anything about amusing? Just a weird coincidence that date is so close.

Yes, it’s the automatic thought of any human being to have memorised the date someone who was last Prime Minster 28 odd years ago died (and who didn’t die in office) and make reference to that with reference to the present situation. Completely normal stuff...

Yes, it’s the automatic thought of any human being to have memorised the date someone who was last Prime Minster 28 odd years ago died (and who didn’t die in office) and make reference to that with reference to the present situation. Completely normal stuff...

Actually I do remember the date she died very clearly because I was in an ICU unit with my 8 month old daughter who had just had open heart surgery. The intensive care nurse was checking his phone and stopped what he was doing, turned to me and said Maggie Thatcher has died and then he did a fist pump. True Story.

Actually I do remember the date she died very clearly because I was in an ICU unit with my 8 month old daughter who had just had open heart surgery. The intensive care nurse was checking his phone and stopped what he was doing, turned to me and said Maggie Thatcher has died and then he give a fist pump. True Story.

How heartwarming. I too celebrate with strangers over the deaths of random old people, long since deposed from the positions of authority they once held.

Oh no sorry, wait. I don’t.

How heartwarming. I too celebrate with strangers over the deaths of random old people, long since deposed from the positions of authority they once held.

Oh no sorry, wait. I don’t.

You are strangers but you're also not because you spend an awful lot of time with a dedicated intensive care nurse in that situation, but I was surprised by how candid his response to the news was. It's one of the reason's I remember it so clearly. His eyes lit up and he punched the air as he told me.

What a weird overreaction.
All I can hear in my head now is the line from the drill instructor in Stripes, with Bill Murray, "Lighten up, Francis".
Everyone is gonna react to all of this differently. All we can do is have patience with each other and respect everyone’s point of view. I had a similar reaction to @nolalady ’s post about Florida but at the end of the day I thought it would lead to this kind of conversation and decided not to post.

We’re gonna get through this together.

FFS.
Captainfog I'd drop it. He's right. We're all horrible human beings.

I’m a pretty poor human being. I’ve little issue with being described as a pretty poor human being. My irreducible minimums on behaviour are slight. This being the case, one of those minimums concerns situations like this. If someone is seriously ill, I’d like them to recover. I’ll either voice that desire or- if it’s someone I don’t know or don’t like, I’ll keep my peace instead; it’s unlikely my input would be wanted anyway. Don’t shoot the wounded basically.

I don’t like Boris Johnson. He’s a monument to preening ambition given the keys to the kingdom via bizarre circumstances and the ineptitude of those that stood against him. I was looking forward to the day when his political career ends in failure as they almost all do. For the moment though, I fervently want him to recover, more than anything because that would reflect in a small way on a return to what passed for normal before this. As I noted, if you can’t bring yourself to hope for that, consider that many of us already know someone closer to us in a similar situation to what he’s in now. I’d like them all back from the edge.

Back