Never ending vinyl challenge: 6 degrees of Kevin Gray

This album was produced by Martin Birch who also engineered Mystery To Me by Fleetwood Mac, which is one of the weirdest album art choices by the band

View attachment 140057
The Rolling Stones mobile studio was used in the recording of this album. Another album that was recorded with it at 2 1975 shows was:
20220522_131833.jpg

The Rolling Stones mobile studio was used in the recording of this album. Another album that was recorded with it at 2 1975 shows was:
View attachment 140063

Live! At the Lyceum was produced by Chris Blackwell, who founded (and released this album on) Island Records. He also signed U2 and released this album on Island Records. And when I went to the Amnesty International Human Rights Now! show at the LA Coliseum in 1988, Bono and the Edge played two songs. One of which was Get Up, Stand up.

U2 ~ The Unforgettable Fire

1653501949888.png

Live! At the Lyceum was produced by Chris Blackwell, who founded (and released this album on) Island Records. He also signed U2 and released this album on Island Records. And when I went to the Amnesty International Human Rights Now! show at the LA Coliseum in 1988, Bono and the Edge played two songs. One of which was Get Up, Stand up.

U2 ~ The Unforgettable Fire

View attachment 140342

Brian Eno produced The Unforgettable Fire with the inimitable Daniel Lanois, who also produced what may well be the finest of all Neville Brothers albums...

The Neville Brothers ‎– Yellow Moon
20220527_210226.jpg

Let's keep this ship afloat!

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Good Son

View attachment 141087

The Ship Song

Recorded by Victor van Vugt who also produced this
LTM3MjkuanBlZw.jpeg

Recorded by Victor van Vugt o also produced this
LTM3MjkuanBlZw.jpeg
So,, since no one is picking up I'll do another one. Dave Immerglück played pedal settl on a couple of tracks on devil's road while his main gig is with the counting crowd and to make it easier for you i'm going to play my favorite album from them beside the first two which is a covers album.

Counting_Crows_-_Underwater_Sunshine_%28Or_What_We_Did_On_Our_Summer_Vacation%29.jpg

So,, since no one is picking up I'll do another one. Dave Immerglück played pedal settl on a couple of tracks on devil's road while his main gig is with the counting crowd and to make it easier for you i'm going to play my favorite album from them beside the first two which is a covers album.

Counting_Crows_-_Underwater_Sunshine_%28Or_What_We_Did_On_Our_Summer_Vacation%29.jpg
Oh, perfect segue for what I was planning on listening to this afternoon.

I have had TFC's "I Don't Want Control Of You" in my head today, so I decided I would play Songs From Northern England when I got home. Also appear on this album is "Start Again" covered by the Counting Crows.
View attachment 143488
So I have been trying to link anything in my collection for this challenge, so this is a stretch buuuuut this album has a song called Winter.

This album also has a song called Winter.

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
7DE2B878-0F38-454B-8873-218FCEDA866B.jpeg

I’ll play…

“Counting Crows gained popularity following the release of its first album, August and Everything After (1993). With the breakthrough hit single "Mr. Jones" (1993), the album sold more than 7 million copies in the United States.”

Mr. Jones is also the title of a enigmatic album by drummer Elvin Jones.

F49BF069-0A37-4AF0-ABF7-16E69F9E1199.jpeg

The Blue Note 80 lacquer of this album was cut by Kevin Gray.

Back