Never ending vinyl challenge: 6 degrees of Kevin Gray

Also covered on the above Sharon Jones album is Prince - Take Me With U, from Purple Rain
Prince And The Revolution ‎– Purple Rain
View attachment 138949
Ron Sleznak was the photographer for the cover of Purple Rain. He was also the photographer for this album cover:

Parliament - The Clones Of Dr. Funkenstein

Screenshot_20220513-181541.jpg
Happy to spin this one again, it's been a little while!

Angel Dream is the soundtrack to She's The One, which stars John Mahoney, who also starred in Say Anything, which featured a certain song off this album:
View attachment 139063

So was produced by Daniel Lanoise, who also produced

U2 - The Joshua Tree
The_Joshua_Tree.png

On the expanded version of Crooked Rain Crooked Rain (LA's Desert Origins) they included the Pavement song from the 1993 No Alternative compilation (streaming my cd rip)
View attachment 139231
I loved this so much when it came out and hopped on the double lp fast when it was released a couple of years ago. I think i have records to spin from two thirds of the artists on the comp. But i haven´t spun this for a while and i want to see where you take it from here, and it is unfortunately the only American Music Club record i own, so let´s go with "Love Songs for Patriots"
1652714618724.png

I loved this so much when it came out and hopped on the double lp fast when it was released a couple of years ago. I think i have records to spin from two thirds of the artists on the comp. But i haven´t spun this for a while and i want to see where you take it from here, and it is unfortunately the only American Music Club record i own, so let´s go with "Love Songs for Patriots"
View attachment 139293
I am at work right now - but if someone is looking for a hint of where to maybe take this, Mark Eitzel (singer for AMC) has a couple of solo albums with lots of guests such as Peter Buck, Mike McCready and Kid Congo Powers

Reactions: Jan
View attachment 139293

Love Songs for Patriots was mastered by JJ Golden, who also mastered this bad boy:
20220516_111057.jpg

John Congleton did some production on "Miss Universe" and he also produced , recorded and mixed "This is our science" by Astronautalis
View attachment 139402
McKenzie Smith played drums on this album. He also played drums on Regina Spektor’s song One More Time With Feeling off of the Far album.
C38FD96A-5ED3-406E-899F-A1F8AE775346.jpeg

Back