Never ending vinyl challenge: 6 degrees of Kevin Gray

Well for double points now someone needs to connect the Tori Amos, and the Elvin Jones to an album.
It’s convoluted, but I’ll give it a try…

Tori Amos is from North Carolina. Another famous artist from North Carolina is John Coltrane; both are in the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame. Elvin Jones is renown for being a principal drummer for … John Coltrane. He performed on the album Impressions with Coltrane and in 1980, that album was remastered by Kevin Gray. The original mono album of Impressions was released in 1963, the year Tori Amos was born.

C690468F-ADDC-414B-ACFB-E14C65C0FFBE.jpeg

Tori Amos is from North Carolina. Another famous artist from North Carolina is John Coltrane; both are in the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame. Elvin Jones is renown for being a principal drummer for … John Coltrane. He performed on the album Impressions with Coltrane and in 1980, that album was remastered by Kevin Gray. The original mono album of Impressions was released in 1963, the year Tori Amos was born.

View attachment 143516

1655943391285.gif

View attachment 143516

Damn this is like a free play now since the version you linked to is a Kevin Gray mastering job.

Damn this is like a free play now since the version you linked to is a Kevin Gray mastering job

I’ll take that free play and finally have something to jump in with!

Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists

Big Kev took a break from mostly mastering records that put me to sleep to do the Drastic Plastic release of the Manics debut. He did the usual great job on this one, there is bass and then some which I don’t remember from my CD lol.

Back