Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

On an unrelated note, did anyone else who was around for the glorious early days of YouTube ever just sit around and watch fan-made AMVs? They aren't around as much anymore as a video trend consisting of combining copyrighted music and images wouldn't really fly on the YouTube of today but some relics of that bygone era have miraculously survived, like this one, which is probably where baby Gap ever first heard the partyriffic magnificence of Andrew W.K.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else who was around for the glorious early days of YouTube ever just sit around and watch fan-made AMVs? They aren't around as much anymore as a video trend consisting of combining copyrighted music and images wouldn't really fly on the YouTube of today but some relics of that bygone era have miraculously survived, like this one, which is probably where baby Gap ever first heard the partyriffic magnificence of Andrew W.K.

So much fun!

I’m so listening to Andrew WK right now! Shamefully 19 year old Joe thought he was too cool for the dumb party music, 36 year old Joe doesn’t, this is fun!

Possibly these two posts rule out Andrew WK given its too in ya face. But is that a double bluff .....

Ive just got no clue- im totally crap with hints.
Maybe its a christmas Album ?

Possibly these two posts rule out Andrew WK given its too in ya face. But is that a double bluff .....

Ive just got no clue- im totally crap with hints.
Maybe its a christmas Album ?

I’m not sure of much but I’m pretty sure it won’t be a Christmas album. Announcing a Christmas album on Christmas Day when it’s the album that people are going to buy after that as the January AoTM seems unlikely.

At this stage I’m just happy to embrace the fact that I’m no longer a pretentious twirp like in my late teens/early twenties and I can just enjoy dumb party music for what it is, lots of fun 🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
I’m not sure of much but I’m pretty sure it won’t be a Christmas album. Announcing a Christmas album on Christmas Day when it’s the album that people are going to buy after that as the January AoTM seems unlikely.

Not really serious - altho id probably buy it :)

At this stage I’m just happy to embrace the fact that I’m no longer a pretentious twirp like in my late teens/early twenties and I can just enjoy dumb party much for what it is, lots of fun 🔥🔥🔥

Well ok if ya say so Joe - I couldn't possibly comment 👀

Can I attempt a second (likely totally failing) guess?

The blood vomiting clue drove me there.....

Andrew WK - I Get Wet
I would LOVE this.

I never really "got" Andrew WK. To me, he was just some dude that yelled a lot, was sweaty and seemed to bring out the worst in bros. HOW WRONG I WAS! I saw him at SXSW and the dude is amazing!!! He's so fun, actually pretty darn nice and articulate.

Back