Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 5 - November 2019 /// Ruen Brothers "All My Shades of Blue" (2018)

The Bawdies Emotion Potion : Japanese 4-member rock band on the Seez Records, Getting Better sub-Label for Victor Entertainment. Heavily influenced by 1950s-60s beat music and early rhythm and blues bands. Emotion Potion was released in 2009, with a separate vinyl single release (I think) but also as part of their 3rd album This is My Story.

The Rolling Stones are an English (the genre classifications get weird but it wouldn’t be crazy to call em a rhythm and blues) band from the 60s. 6 people played on the song Paint it Black, including someone rocking the hell out of a sitar. It was a 1966 single, but was included in the American version of the album Aftermath (the sixth American release and fourth British). Recorded by RCA, on the Decca label. Produced by Andrew Loog Oldham, with Jagger and Richards as songwriters.

So if it is a genre clue, what is the most specific genre that fits all three? Everlys seem like a bit of an outlier but late 50s-60s Rock & Roll fits I guess.

If you go more specific on the songs they diverge a bit. Bawdies is more garage-y, Paint It Black raga rock, Everlys close harmony.

So....it's a non-American Rock-and-Roll Group? So....pretty much anything British invasion, and...

Australia

Asia (China, Japan, Korea, India, Middle Eastern, Israel...)

In addition to the Brits and the Nordic metal and whatever else, there's Russia

Africa (here's something about an Ethiopian band)

Latin America (yes, some of these are North American, but I didn't write the wiki page and I'm too lazy to look for something else).

That should be enough source material for you guys to start throwing out guesses!

Last edited:
So if it is a genre clue, what is the most specific genre that fits all three? Everlys seem like a bit of an outlier but late 50s-60s Rock & Roll fits I guess.

If you go more specific on the songs they diverge a bit. Bawdies is more garage-y, Paint It Black raga rock, Everlys close harmony.

Garage, Raga-rock y close harmony?
THALIA CONFIRMED

And she's on a giant vinyl, so it's obvious it's her.

its blues rock... maybe with a bit of folk in it.... rolling stones were a blues rock band, the bawdies song is very much a blues rock song, and everly brothers is very very much folk though wikipedia calls it doo-wop.. which is based on rhythm and blues

its totally blues based

What on earth is this Waitressboy?!?! 😂😂😂

We ask the very same thing every single time we see or listen to Thalía.
We kinda love her.

She's also a talented actress.
giphy.gif

Back