Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 5 - November 2019 /// Ruen Brothers "All My Shades of Blue" (2018)

Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor

$18.85 on amazon us
Japanese
Electronic (so another genre!) According to the wiki, They are credited with playing a key role in the development of several electronic genres, including synthpop, J-pop, electro, and techno, while exploring subversive sociopolitical themes throughout their career.
I'd say, given the travels @ThePakoBuelna has documented with his stunning photography, something from Japan is a great guess. Or China.

I know that @ThePakoBuelna is a big Radiohead fan (don't worry, I don't at all hold that against you). Helpful or not, who knows? It might steer us in the direction of the sort of sound he likes. Or it might not.

(I'm so damn good at these guess threads. *sarcasm font*)

I'd say, given the travels @ThePakoBuelna has documented with his stunning photography, something from Japan is a great guess. Or China.

I know that @ThePakoBuelna is a big Radiohead fan (don't worry, I don't at all hold that against you). Helpful or not, who knows? It might steer us in the direction of the sort of sound he likes. Or it might not.

(I'm so damn good at these guess threads. *sarcasm font*)

I believe it may be something coming from Japan indeed. There is a Nujabes repress soon and I know @ThePakoBuelna loves his music so... Maybe Nujabes?

Good afternoon, N&G fam. Sorry for the delay, workload was extra heavy today. Time to relax to some music, grab a drink and... Oh wait... It's Tuesday. Well whatever you do, be sure to do it good.

Your first clue for the album/artist is:

It's not Cafe Tacvba.

See you next time!

The artist is not from North America
Ruen Brohters - All My Shades of Blue

my guess

Tryna throw me off by saying the artist.....

Good try 😉 I know I got it tho 😁😂

Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor

$18.85 on amazon us
Japanese
Electronic (so another genre!) According to the wiki, They are credited with playing a key role in the development of several electronic genres, including synthpop, J-pop, electro, and techno, while exploring subversive sociopolitical themes throughout their career.

Nice guess. Would like this.

Patience? What’s that?

I deal with patients all day and can’t figure out what they have to do with a guess thread.

We’re getting a vinyl version of this:

Because I figured out this clue:

Last edited:
Back