Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 45 – March 2023 /// The Men - New York City

Small wait but we have The Men IEX version in stock now.

The Men - Campfire Songs EP
F793D909-087A-4C1C-9F74-27689F8AB8FA.jpeg
This one is kinda fun. It’s an EP of mostly previously released material recorded live around a literal campfire outside a cabin in upstate New York. The vinyl came with a “wrap” that which is what is pictured here and is an image silkscreened on a piece of scrap plywood which is kinda cool.

Nice pick! I grabbed a copy and can't wait to spin it.

The Men have been on and off my radar for years now. In my (limited) opinion, they are a bit of a victim of how prolific they are as well as some of their genre-blurringness. They're a band that I always enjoy, but also always seem to forget about. At least that is my uninformed take. This'll be good motivation to go back through the discography and see how wrong I am.

Nice pick! I grabbed a copy and can't wait to spin it.

The Men have been on and off my radar for years now. In my (limited) opinion, they are a bit of a victim of how prolific they are as well as some of their genre-blurringness. They're a band that I always enjoy, but also always seem to forget about. At least that is my uninformed take. This'll be good motivation to go back through the discography and see how wrong I am.
Awesome! that is why I wanted to choose one of their albums. Hope you enjoy it!

So, what does everyone think?

Do you enjoy The Men?

Are you familiar with previous albums?

What do you think about this record?

I am curious to get your takes on this months Album selection.
1. I need to get back into these threads....
2. Bold choice with new album.
3. I listened to them quite a bit starting with Leave Home but stopped paying attention after Tomorrow's Hits, not sure why. I would agree that they seem to get lost in the shuffle and for sure have with me.

I will make an effort to listen to the album before next week and report back.

My copy arrived while I was away. Going to get it to the table as soon as I catch-up with the daily vinyl spin challenge. Or maybe I can cram it in one of the challenges? I'll definitely try ;)

That said, I've streamed the record several times already. A few times while on the road over the last week. It's a good one!

Back