Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 43 - January 2023 /// Aaron West and The Roaring Twenties - Routine Maintenance

It's funny because We Don’t Have Each Other came up earlier in my searches but was ruled out right away due to release year, but somehow I missed Routine Maintenance entirely!

Nice work @tonythegamer I had an absolute blast.
And congrats @Hemotep for solving it while I was at the playground with the baby! :p
I honestly would’ve done We Don’t Have Each Other if it was easier to get it on vinyl funny enough

Apologies that the write up is taking so long, life kinda keeps throwing me curve balls in terms of free time
Many thanks for the copy of the album, @tonythegamer! It arrived a couple days ago but I'm waiting until the first to give it my inaugural spin. Hope you're having a good end to your year!

Through side A and I can tell that this would be a great live show. Some reminiscence of Chris Carrabba in the vocals (not strong, but I note some similarity), but the instrumentation is far more layered and even without the vocals it would be a great listen. But I really like the inspiration from The Mountain Goats, which is evident in the story telling lyrics that really steal the show here. Great listen!

Odd question, but one I've pondered for too long now...

Where do YOU file this one?

Aaron West is not a real person, so do you file it under Aa as a result, or still file it under West?

Odd question, but one I've pondered for too long now...

Where do YOU file this one?

Aaron West is not a real person, so do you file it under Aa as a result, or still file it under West?
Technically, if it is a pseudonym, it should be the first letter of the first name.

Back